The Search Is Over

| |








Shirt: ModCloth
Tank: J. Crew
Jeans: Levi’s (Urban Outfitters)
Shoes: Pour La Victoire (a gift)
Necklace, Bracelet, and Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Watch: Michael Kors
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

I forgot to introduce you to my new go-to black pumps when I last wore them. Forgive me. After my last pair died, I set out on a serious search for the perfect pair. It’s amazing how difficult it can be to find something so seemingly simple. Black pumps. Should be easy, right? It wasn’t. I started to consider splurging on a pair, but I just wasn’t sure if something as basic as black pumps was worth a splurge. Sure, they’d pass my price per wear rule: black pumps go with everything; I’d obviously wear them often. But, at the same time, when it comes to splurging, I like to save it for something special. Something that makes me feel like if I don’t buy it that instant it will be gone forever and nothing will ever be like it again… You never feel that way? Really? Oh, me neither…just kidding. Anyhow, I decided against splurging and continued searching. The search came to an end when this pair arrived at my door – a birthday present my best friend! I love them. 

14 comments:

Norma said...

Can I say that I love seeing you in high heels?!

sartorialsidelines said...

Those are really great - I really need a new pair of black pumps myself but have been putting the long search that I just know will ensure once I commit to really looking for a pair.


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Amanda Weiss said...

They are PERFECTION!  I love the chunky heel so much!! And I agree, I am so bad at buying basics, I think thats why my closet is full of crazy neons and prints. lol! 

<3 Amanda

Nnenna said...

I've been searching for the perfect pair of black pumps for a while- you're right, it's not easy! I LOVE these- they look so good on you!

Maria said...

GOD I love this outfit and those shoes! Looking mighty fresh, m'dear! XO

A Stylized Hysteria said...

You've got a GREAT best friend! Those are pretty much perfect- tall enough to be great for dressing up and chunky heeled enough to be appropriate for day.

Sweetlaundry said...

Your best friend gives the best gifts - lucky girl!

Santina said...

Yes you can!

Santina said...

Oh yes, it's a rabbit hole. Nothing was exactly what I was looking for...or when it was, it wasn't in my price range. I was shocked at how difficult it was!

Santina said...

Thanks, Amanda. The chunky heel is so necessary for these hills! 

Santina said...

Thanks, Nnenna! Good luck finding a pair!

Santina said...

Thanks, Maria!

Santina said...

Ha ha. I really do! And for so many reasons other than these shoes! ;)

Santina said...

She sure does! I am definitely a lucky girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...