By The Sea

| |








Dress: Missoni for Target
Tights: DKNY (Nordstrom)
Shoes: BC Shoes (ModCloth)
Bracelet: A gift
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

These photos were taken a few weeks ago when my boyfriend and I headed to Monterey to visit the aquarium. (Those of you who follow me on Instagram might remember my photos of jellyfish, sharks and sand dollars.) It might be a bit nerdy, but I absolutely love aquariums and the Monterey Bay Aquarium is among the nicest I’ve visited. If you live in the Bay Area and haven’t been yet, I definitely recommend it! 

With a two hour drive and hours of walking ahead of me, my main goal was comfort. While I’d usually reach for boyfriend jeans, I just felt like wearing a dress. This sweater dress is easily one of the most comfortable pieces in my closet, and it was just warm enough to allow me to go without a jacket - perfect! Feeling too cheerful for black tights, I decided on a purple pair but still craved more color. I wasn’t sure if these loafers would be garish against the purple tights but I quite like the combination. What do you think? Are bold tights best suited to matching or neutral shoes?

5 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I love aquariums too! That and natural history museums. This is a great outfit for such an outing, it definitely looks comfy and I love the blue tights and green shoes.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

A Stylized Hysteria said...

I love both looks- matching colorful tights and shoes always looks so cool. But bright tights and neutral shoes is very chic. Too tough to decide between!

Adiel said...

You're right, that color combo is fab! And I think sometimes a dress can be even more comfortable than jeans. Also, I love that bracelet over your sleeve! Too cool!

Santina said...

Oh, you like that, do you? I stole that look from you; you're always wearing your watch over your sleeve. ;)

This dress is definitely more comfortable than nearly all my jeans. And it has a kangaroo pocket. Who doesn't love that?

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...