Pleats And Impala

| |





Shirt: Marc by Marc Jacobs 
Skirt: BCBG Max Azria
Tights: Hue (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Chelsea Crew (Shoe Biz)
Bracelets: Marc by Marc Jacobs, H&M, and Stella & Dot
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Prada (a gift)

Some items in my closet are like good friends - I can't remember what life was like without them. And while this skirt is a relatively recent addition to my closet, I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. Sure, a black skirt is a closet essential. But I have a few black skirts that haven't made it off the hanger in years, and yet I've worn this one about once a week since I bought it in January. I think what sets is apart is that despite being a black skirt in a classic shape, it's anything but basic. (The fact that it hides a food baby better than everything else in my closet doesn't hurt either.)

On this particular day, I found myself exhausted after weeks of not sleeping well and just didn't have much energy to put into creating a fabulous outfit. My quick solution to this problem is to take a favorite piece and build an outfit around it. In this case, I chose two favorite pieces, and while I regretted wearing black tights, the combination of my favorite black skirt and impala print shirt more than made up for it.

4 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I think the black tights work with this...I think just about everything works with that skirt though, I may be it's #1 fan.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Princeton Eats Portland said...

Look at all that red you're rocking with your red hair!  And you were worried...

As always, love the outfit.

Sweet Laundry said...

That top matches perfectly with your hair! Even sleep deprived you are able to put together an awesome outfit. Only a pro can do that :)

Allie at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

I love this look, and that skirt is a perfect addition to your wardrobe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...