Pastel Polka Dot Manicure

| |

Nails Inc. Haymarket // Essie Waltz // Hello Kitty Blueberry // Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac


Ever since my last attempt at dotted nails, I promised myself I’d buy a dotting tool before trying it again. Well, that hasn’t happened, so when I saw a tutorial for making your own dotting tools on The Beauty Department I decided to give it a try. Not only was it super easy, but chances are you already have everything you need. I highly recommend this to anyone who doesn’t have a dotting tool and also can’t stand imperfect circles. 

I took inspiration from a number of manicures I saw online, but ultimately I was going for something like this one. I could not believe how easy this manicure was! After painting two coats of Sephora by OPI Frankly, I Don't Give A-dam, I added the dots one color at a time to my nails. I did not dip the dotting tool directly into the bottle of polish; instead I placed a few drops of polish onto thick paper. For larger dots, I dipped the tool into the polish and immediately dotted my nail. For smaller dots, I blotted the tool on the paper first. After finishing this manicure, I declared that dots are my new go-to manicure, replacing my various glitterific manis. To be honest, glitter has taken its toll on my nails and they could use a break. I can’t wait to try different versions of this, so if you see any fun dotted manicures send them my way, please!

16 comments:

Sartorial Sidelines said...

So cute! I totally don't have the skill/patience to do that...

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Tanvi said...

So much fun!!!!! Love the idea. 
∞ © tanvii.com ∞ 

Nnenna said...

You'r nails look fabulous and I love that you DIY'ed your own dotting tool!  I'll have to try this the next time I'm doing a polka-dot manicure :)

A Stylized Hysteria said...

I love this! Just this morning I was thinking that I need to step away from the glitter. It's getting a bit boring!

Allergictovanilla said...

SO GOOD! I only wish I had your patience, this fab mani would never find it's way onto my nails! 

x carlina
allergictovanilla.com

Kristy said...

love the iridescent effect of the polkadots! I won't have the patience to do this x-D

Santina said...

You can do it, Kristy! This was so much easier than expected. Give it a try! 

Santina said...

I have no patience. I actually laughed when I read that! This took no time at all. Try it!

Santina said...

Dots are the new glitter, friend. ;)

Santina said...

Thank you, Nnenna! Your nails always looks lovely! 

Santina said...

Thanks, Tanvi!

Santina said...

That is not true, Courtney! Try it!

Eli said...

Love this, I feel like such a dodo cause I did something earlier in the week and was dipping the pin right onto the nailpolish brush. This is such an easier and smart (and neater idea!) thanks!

Gaby Dolceamore said...

your pencil eraser pins look like weapons. i love it!

kate à la mode said...

Your nails looked even better in person! And thanks so much for passing on the DIY dotter instructions. I'm going to try this out soon!

Adiel said...

You weren't joking! I love the colors you chose for this mani! Too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...