I'm Back

| |





Cardigan: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Shirt: Alexa Chung for Madewell
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Belt: Forever 21
Shoes: Chelsea Crew (Shoe Biz)
Rings: ModCloth and Surface To Air
Sunglasses: Chanel
Bracelets and Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

Hello again. First off, I want to thank you all for your kind words in response to my last post. While it will be quite some time before this pain begins to subside, I was very touched and comforted by reading all your comments and tweets. After a quiet two weeks here on Style by Santina, I decided it was time to get back to blogging. Since I haven’t stepped in front of the camera for more than a week, going through these photos was a bit like looking at photos from a past life – a life I shared with Marley…

But I’ll stick to the outfit - it’s another version of my go-to casual looks that was kept interesting with a quirky sweater and polka dots. Somehow, I managed to get not one photo of it, but the back of this cardigan is actually a flashy silver fabric, and I love it. That said, combined with cutouts, it can be a tough item to style. Short sleeves have to hit at just the right spot not to stick out of the holes, so I tend to wear long sleeves under this cardigan. I thought a peek of a print through the cutouts would be cute, and what better than polka dots? Circles on circles? I like it!

11 comments:

Sartorial Sidelines said...

I'm so glad you're back (and back in full force - I love the blouse and cardi)!


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Frannie Pantz said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.  It is so sad to loose a pet.  I hope you start to feel better.  I really like your cardigan and that polka dot top underneath.

A Stylized Hysteria said...

It's nice to see your face again! I'm loving all the dots, and your hair looks GREAT!

Sweelaundry said...

I'm glad you're back! I missed you! This cardigan is so cool, I've never seen anything like it :)

Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne said...

Welcome back, Santina! Circles on circles? I like it too! :) 

kate à la mode said...

So glad you're back! And I love this look. That sweater is AMAZING!

Santina said...

Thank you, friend! And, I really appreciate all your sweet messages over the last few weeks! 

Santina said...

Awww, thank you! It's nice to know I was missed! 

Santina said...

Thank you, Jeanne!

Santina said...

Thanks, Kate! The back is totally the coolest part - can't believe I didn't think to get a few pics. Next time!

Kristy said...

Oh My God, that cardigan is INSANELY AWESOME!!! How did you get all these fabulous MBMJ pieces? I want to live in your closet!!! :D

www.monochromachic.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...