Repeat Offender

| |








Jacket: ModCloth
Dress: See by Chloe (Gilt)
Tights: Betsey Johnson (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Chelsea Crew (Shoe Biz)
Necklace: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

Remember when I said that if I wear something but don’t take outfit photos, it’s a bit like it never happened? Well, I’m not sure that's actually true, but I definitely convinced myself that it was when I got dressed this day. The truth is I wore almost the exact same outfit a while back to celebrate Maria’s birthday but never snapped outfit photos. When I found myself getting dressed for work, knowing that I had a celebration right afterward, I decided to pull out this dress and jacket combination once more. 

This dress is an old favorite though it’s oddly not been well represented here on Style by Santina. (The last time it was documented was when I was still living in Portland!) It’s definitely a dress that transitions easily from season to season, and for a warm February day, I layered a motorcycle jacket over it. I kept the rest of the look quite simple, wearing only a collar necklace and finishing it off with black tights, wedges and my go to black bag. I think I like how this look turned out better the second time around. That’s right; I’m a repeat offender and I have no shame.

18 comments:

Courtney Thomas said...

I've got to throw in that I love the little color you added - such a cute touch. And the pattern on the dress is really great to, I'd definitely be a repeat offender if I had that.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Enter my shapewear giveaway here: http://www.sartorialsidelines.com/2012/02/romance.html

Sweetlaundry said...

I love this look! I love it with the tights and that cute collar necklace. It's great when bloggers wear old favourites from their closets because I feel like I have a closet full of old stuff and not enough "new" stuff. Sometimes I feel pressure to have new things to showcase on the blog, which I don't necessarily think is a good thing.

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I LOVE this look.  That jacket looks perfect over the dress!  I am so happy I got to see it.

Also, I can't wait to see you.

Kate/The Styley said...

Offend away. I dig it. Is that a leather motorcycle VEST you're wearing? Could you be any cooler?

Margot said...

I love your jacket!! so cute Santina! I regularly repeat my outfits if I like them. Once I wore the same thing 2 (ok maybe 3) times in a week, Marc told me it was inappropriate and I needed to stop lol. 

xo
Margot

kate à la mode said...

Hey, nothing wrong with replaying an awesome outfit! And I totally love this one. Great colors on the dress, and the repeated brass accents are fab.

Eli said...

Totally in love with that dress!

THE-LOUDMOUTH said...

This dress is the bomb diggity.  I love the way you styled it with basic black!  So chic. :) And I think your man needs to make a cameo appearance, for sure!

Allergictovanilla said...

that jacket is ridic! I am obsessed with it! Been trying the score the ZARA one for what feels like months now- still not giving up though!! 

x carlina
allergictovanilla.com

Sarah mochasoywhippy.com said...

I really love the print of your dress! Good to see the collar necklace making another appearance, it really is so cute! xx

Santina said...

I feel that pressure at times, and I often have to step back and wonder why I'm lusting after something. Do I really want it or is that I feel like I should have it? I also remind myself of why I started this blog - to share my personal style with an interested audience. My personal style does not revolve around new purchases; in fact, I often take comfort in my older pieces! This dress, for example, reminds me of many fun days and nights spent in it. That's part of why I love it so much!

Santina said...

I know you'd like this one. Some outfits need Erin approval...not this one!

Santina said...

Hee hee. Thanks, Kate! And it's not a vest; it's a motorcycle jacket - the sleeves are just a different color and material! (Does that make me not as cool?)

Santina said...

Thanks, Kate! 

Santina said...

Thanks, Eli!

Santina said...

Thank you! (And, I agree!)

Santina said...

Don't give up! Never give up! Hee hee...

Santina said...

Thanks, Sarah! It seems I can't stop it from making an appearance. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...