Pretty Pastels (And Guns)

| |






Shirt: J. Crew
Skirt: ModCloth
Tights: Hue (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Vince Camuto (Piperlime)
Necklace: A gift
Ring: Surface To Air (Shotwell)
Bag: Treesje (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I decided to challenge myself to wear a skirt or dress for a week. It's not that I necessarily think it's difficult to stay out of my boyfriend jeans for a week (though I did end up succumbing to their comfort on a rainy day spent working from home); it's just that boyish looks come easiest to me. When I'm tired or running out of time, it’s hard not to reach for what’s simple, so I wanted to challenge myself to consider what I wear a bit more. And I have to say, it was fun and it left me feeling inspired to play in my closet more often. 

After reading endless blog posts and seeing whimsical editorials featuring pastel looks, I decided to put together a pastel look of my own with pieces already in my closet. Pairing a light chambray shirt with this soft pink skirt felt fresh and sweet despite the gun print on the skirt and the studs on my shoes. To finish the look, I added a few silver accessories and a slouchy gray bag.

20 comments:

Insomnia said...

This spring outfit makes my heart ache!

sartorialsidelines said...

A pastel look involving a gun print is something I can seriously get behind...that skirt is soooo cute!


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Ashley Ording said...

So lovely, I'm digging this outfit... and your manicure is amazing! xo

Carlina Harris said...

Yes, I too am a bit of boy dresser, obsessed over ties and bow ties! But there is something beautiful about pastels and color in the spring. Love that last pic, of the closeup! 

xo Carlina
allergictovanila.com

Maria said...

Love this look! I wouldn't think to pair tights with that color skirt, but it looks amazing. Perfect for a (non-windy) SF day.

xx,
Maria
kittiesandcouture.com

Angie Paglino said...

BAHAHAHHA!  The title of this post is the best EVER!  I really need you to pick out a chambray for me because I feel like every time I pick one up, I end up looking like Jackie from Roseanne and then I just get pissed and give it away.  HELP!

xo.

Angie

Adiel said...

That skirt! I love this look on you!

House Of Jeffers said...

I love that you said "boyish looks come easiest to me." That's EXACTLY how I feel 95 percent of the time. And while I understand dresses and skirts are a fashion bloggers uniform, I just love my jeans/pants! 

But, for what it's worth, I adore this outfit on you. Your bag is fab, as are your shoes!

Jen
www.houseofjeffers.com

Eli said...

Ooh I like the subtlety of the gun print! I like your challenge, I may have to do something similar because I swear I've never worn pants as much since I moved here! And it kind of sucks.

Santina said...

That's so funny, Eli! When I think of you, I definitely don't think of pants. You always seem to have a dress or skirt on with the most adorable tights! 

Santina said...

Honestly, once a tomboy, always a tomboy! There's just no avoiding it! 

Thanks, Jen!

Santina said...

Thanks, friend. This skirt is one of my faves, actually.

Santina said...

We need to go shopping together. I am sure I can find you a perfect THYMWA chambray shirt! ;)

Santina said...

OMG, this skirt is a NIGHTMARE with even the slightest bit of wind. That's kinda why I wear it with tights. I don't want to flash my goodies for all to see! Hee hee...

Santina said...

Thanks, Carlina! Isn't that necklace rad? It was a holiday gift from my boyfriend. I am absolutely obsessed with cows, so I'm sure you could imagine my delight!

Santina said...

Awww, thanks, Ashley! I blogged about the manicure, as well, if you're interested in trying it yourself: http://stylebysantina.blogspot.com/2012/02/nail-inspiration-copycat.html

Santina said...

Yeah, pastels are just too sweet without a touch of violence - be it a print or jewelry (or both)!

Santina said...

Oh no! I'm sending warm weather your way!

katealamode said...

Not gonna lie - when I saw the title I thought you were talking about your buff arms! But then I remembered this skirt, and I love it! And I fully support skirt/dress week . . . welcome to my world! ;)

- Kate
http://katealamode.com

Gaby Dolceamore said...

i am very anti-gun, but there is nothing i dont like about that skirt!! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...