Polka Dots And A Pink Mini

| |








Sweater: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Mercantile, Portland, OR)
Shirt: Alexa Chung for Madewell
Skirt: Zara
Tights: Hue (Nordstrom Rack)
Wedges: Chelsea Crew (Shoe Biz)
Rings: Surface To Air (Shotwell) and ModCloth
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

With my photographer (aka “the boyfriend”) out of town, I hadn’t really considered the possibility of outfit photos. But, when Kate mentioned that she thought my outfit was adorable, I seized the opportunity to ask if she wanted to snap a few. I tried to disguise my selfish motivations by offering to snap a few of her, as well, since she recently started her own blog, Kate a la Mode. While I think she saw through the fa├žade, I do indeed have photos. 

This outfit started with the skirt; it jumped out to me as I stared into my closet, wondering what to wear. The cheerful color always seems to lend itself to equally cheerful outfits, and I quickly reached for this polka dot button down. Since the skirt is a bit on the short side, I decided to keep it conservative on top. I buttoned all the way up and added a cardigan, finishing it off with just a few rings and a black patent bag. 

7 comments:

Kate said...

Hot pink and polka dots. Delightful!

Santina said...

I love the shape, as well. It's a bit on the short side, but that doesn't really bother me. ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Kate!

Preity Lama said...

u look lovely!! loving the polka dot top and the bright pink skirt!!
xx

Sweetlaundry said...

I am SOOOOO into pink these days. This skirt is divine. This whole outfit is great. I love how every outfit of yours includes at least one Marc Jacobs piece. You seriously need to be the spokesmodel or something :)

katealamode said...

I'm glad you decided to go for these outfit photos! But kinda sad you didn't add one of the super-duper cute poses in. So I added your kawaii pose to my blog entry ( http://katealamode.com/2012/01/29/retro-revamp/ ) - muahahahaha! 

And thanks for continuing to be my photog!

Kate
http://katealamode.com

terramcbride said...

Yes. Yes Yes Yes Yes. I love that skirt. Currently coveting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...