Gingham And A Heart

| |








Sweater: J. Crew
Shirt: Sparrow (Urban Outfitters)
Skirt: Gap
Tights: Hue (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Sutro (Shoe Biz)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)

I can’t really take credit for this one. Much like this manicure was inspired by Adiel, this outfit was inspired by another blogging friend, Eli of Thrift Eye. She wore this sweater a few weeks back, just after I returned from my trip to Portland with the same exact sweater in tow. Of course, I was already planning to layer it over a button down, but when I saw Eli layer it over a black and white gingham dress, I immediately thought of this shirt. I tucked that outfit into the back of my mind for a morning when I was running late and didn’t have much time to play around in my closet. While in my head this outfit included my boyfriend jeans, I found myself pressed for time right in the middle of my weeklong ban of pants. I’ll admit that I was grumbling to myself as I stared into my closet, trying to figure out what else I could wear but I’m really happy that I resisted jeans. Sure, I still turned to denim, but I absolutely adore this outfit!

21 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I think the denim really works with this - so good on you for bringing it in while avoiding jeans. And that sweater is really cute, and pretty appropriate for this time of year.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Tanvi said...

That is such an adorable sweater. Love the whole look. Happy Monday!
♡ from © tanvii.com

Jes Ryzenberg said...

So cute! Heart-filled but still 'Santinafied' because it's absolutely your style! See you soon and happy V-Day to you and Ben :)

Margot said...

I love this so cute! Lets see your Valentine's themed manicure! :)

Allergictovanilla said...

Ahh, that sweater- it haunts my dreams! You lucky gal you! So, funny you mention we are sisters from another mister, because I to was caught today in the jean conundrum! But, alas resisted as well, and I do love my too cute for a rainy monday look! #humblebrag ;)

xo Carlina
allergictovanilla.com

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I am going to recreate this outfit tomorrow for <3 day.  I love it.

Sweetlaundry said...

Yes, this outfit is perfect for heart day. I absolutely adore it too. This denim skirt reminds me of this khaki skirt I have that I haven't worn in ages. You've just given me some much needed style inspiration :) I've been in such a rut these last few days!

Angie Paglino said...

I like this on you.  The sweater is all: Hey look, I'm a sweetheart!  And then you preptoughen it up by the gingham and boots.  I can dig all of it!  I can't wait to see more photos of your hair.  I have been thinking about it all day!

kate @ undeniable style said...

Totally love this. Could have been typical or cliche, but it's not. Love the styling! Gingham and boots, yes please.

Santina said...

I agree. It just felt like denim was the way to go - happy I remembered this mini. It's funny; this mini will always remind me of Mexico. It was my "money maker" when I was waitressing. Hee hee!

Santina said...

Thanks, Tanvi! I was happy to score this sweater on sale, especially after they sold out so quickly!

Santina said...

Thanks, Jes. I like to keep it real around here!

Santina said...

Thanks, Margot! I don't think the Valentine's mani is blog worthy...maybe I'll Instagram it instead! :)

Santina said...

Yay!

Santina said...

Yeah, it's all "hi, I'm a sweetheart" until I open my mouth and reach for my pepper spray... ;)

Santina said...

Awww, thank you! 

Alexis said...

Ahhh love the sweater over the button down!  So stylish yet uncomplicated.  

Hannah said...

Perfection!!!! I LOVE that sweater (no pun intended) and it looks perfect with in gingham....but you're right, it's not a combo I would have though of right away.

tia_cherie said...

Love the J Crew heart sweater so so much.

tia-cherie.blogspot.com

Miss Rockwell said...

I love this fit. You look amazing!!

Vanity of Vanities said...

Wow! Love that sweater with heart print. You look cute. :)

Cheers,
Cathy@Foods that will Improve your Mood

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...