Colorblock And Socks

| |





Sweater: Vince (Nordstrom Rack)
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Socks: ModCloth
Shoes: Chelsea Crew (Shoe Biz)
Necklace: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

After editing these photos, I actually decided to take a break from boyfriend jeans…and pants in general for that matter. I’ve mentioned before that boyish looks are my comfort zone; once a tomboy, always a tomboy, I suppose. And in looking back at recent outfit posts, I noticed that I’ve been putting variations of this look on repeat. Do I love these looks? Of course! Does that mean I should wear them almost every day? No! So, for the week following these photos, I challenged myself to wear a dress or skirt. I am almost succeeded, except for one rainy day, when I worked from home and just couldn’t resist the lure of baggy jeans and an oversized sweater. Since I didn’t snap outfit pics that day, it’s like it never happened, right? 

But, back to the outfit… As you may have guessed, I wore this over a weekend (it’s very much in line with my weekend uniform) when it was warm enough to go without a jacket if I wore a sweater. This sweater is one of my most comfortable, and I like to wear it any chance I get. To keep things interesting, I added a fun pair of socks, a bright bag, and my new favorite collar necklace. I actually love how the socks look and plan to wear socks with cuffed jeans more often. But you won’t see any of that for a while though. It’s all dresses and skirts here on Style by Santina for my next week’s worth of posts! 

4 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

You have such an amazing dress and skirt collection that I'm looking forward to seeing some pieces from it next week but I also love the tomboy looks - seriously, those bright patterned socks are such a fun detail in this look.


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Amanda said...

I defnintely need to challenge myself to dresses and skirts more too- pants are just sooo easy! But I am obsessssed with these socks, they are SO fun! And the collar necklace- amazing..I need one!

<3 Amanda




















FashionableeMe

katealamode said...

FANTASTIC outfit! Love those socks. Still want your collar necklace!


- Katehttp://katealamode.com

Jackielebrun said...

I LOVE your socks and bag and necklace...they are the perfect combo/pop to your fav jeans/sweater!
It's important to be comfy on the weekends...and you look so cute while doing so!
Miss you lady!
XO
http://www.hourglass-fashion.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...