Blue (And Easy)

| |








Sweater: ModCloth
Dress: Moulinette Soeurs (Anthropologie)
Tights: Hue (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Libby Edelman (Piperlime)
Necklace: A gift
Ring: Surface To Air (Shotwell)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

Bleached blond hair spoiled me. I never considered my hair color when it came to clothing. Everything goes with white, right? It definitely felt that way. Red has proved to be more challenging for me. I’ve never been much of a fan of red as a color, which is probably why dying my hair this vibrant hue made me a little nervous. Not yet sure of what looked best with red, I turned to the obvious choice – blue. It’s definitely one of my favorite colors (and well represented in my closet), and I’ve often admired how striking redheads are in blue. I started with this cozy cardigan and went from there. This dress has been featured on Style by Santina many times (most recently here), and you’ll definitely see it again and again. It’s an easy piece that I can throw on and instantly feel put together. There’s something about the cardigan that gives it a schoolboy vibe, and I took a cue from that when I decided on these velvet loafers. A few silver accessories and a black patent bag finished off this look. 

So, I obviously can’t go on wearing only blue and gray. Please, give me some suggestions! This new Ginger needs some help! 

17 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

The exact same thing happened to me going from black to red! I've figured out that the following shades go AMAZING with red: black, grey, blue (all shades), green, and tan. Those are at the tops of my list.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Sweetlaundry said...

Try some earth tones perhaps? Olive green maybe? Beige/tan/camel/brown? I like wearing red and other than black that's what I usually like to pair it with. You've got the blue thing down pat though :)

Emily {tomorrow never knows} said...

That hair just suits you so much. I love it! I am itching for some color these days. I might just take the quiet road and get some highlights to lighten it up a bit... who knows. thats the thing about short hair, u constantly have to deal with upkeep costs.

Gaby Dolceamore said...

hmm, maybe greys and pinks. like bright pink. its ok to clash. but i do know the feeling- i feel silly wearing black with such dark brown hair. lbd's look great on blondes and mystifying with black hair. poop brown hair doesnt look so interesting with a black dress though.

Nnenna said...

First of all, your red hair is banging- I love it!  And blue looks so great on you, very striking indeed :)

Merl said...

It's funny.. I NEVER wear bright blue. I might toss on a navy cardigan or dress, but it's always a muted hue. I gravitate towards more fiery tones like orange, yellow & rust tones. Basically I try to look like a walking flame. So happy you came to the ginger side, it looks gorgeous on you :) 

Jenn said...

Sass, you need to rock some emerald, mustard, and persimmon. Maybe some permutation of all three? Also, if you never wore taupe or lemon whilst white, now's the time. 

Eli said...

The blue looks fantastic with the red!!  This makes me want to go read too now!

Santina said...

Red, hah? Red kinda freaks me out. I wore a red purse recently and wasn't so sure about it...

Santina said...

Yes, I think I need to embrace earth tones! Great suggestion!

Santina said...

True that, sister. I am in the salon every six weeks. It's not color fading that usually brings me in. It's that I have THAT MUCH hair!

Santina said...

Any comment that includes the word "poop" is an instant favorite! :) 

I've definitely found that gray goes well with red hair. I am still learning to clash...

Santina said...

Thank you so much!

Santina said...

I know I said it on Twitter, but it has to be said here, too - this one hundred perfect accounts for why you always (ALWAYS!!!) look smoking hot!

Santina said...

Jenn, you're no longer a lurker! Yay! :)

I definitely stayed away from yellows while rocking white. I think it's time to bring some into my closet. Maybe I'll start with something pale...

Santina said...

Eli, red would be gorgeous on you! 

Eli said...

I may (a long maybe) be going shorter soon, perhaps I should add some color into it. I just can't deal with unruly hair anymore!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...