A Starry Skirt

| |






Shirt: Moon Collection (ModCloth)
Skirt: Zara
Tights: Hue (Sock Shop)
Shoes: BCBG Max Azria (Nordstrom)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bracelet: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Bag: See by Chloe (Nordstrom)

I'm weary of anything named after a hideous hairstyle and planned to ignore the mullet skirt trend altogether. Sure, I’ve been wearing longer lengths lately and I’ll always love a good mini, but together? Not for me. Or so I thought, because when I popped into Zara and spotted the print on this mullet skirt, I was suddenly very open-minded to the whole “business in the front party in the back” philosophy. It never looked so feminine and chic – who knew?

I debated wearing this sweater but decided to go for something a bit softer than a chunky knit. The ruffles and blush color of this blouse seemed to fit the feminine vibe of the sheer fabric and delicate star print. Feeling very neutral, I decided to add a pop of color with teal tights and a statement necklace. A few gold accessories, a blush bag and black quilted booties finished off this look.

Don’t forget to enter my Orient watch giveaway – it closes this Friday, January 6th!

12 comments:

Courtney Thomas said...

I really love that blouse and skirt together - it's a great combo. And you're totally pulling off that mullet skirt BTW.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Elle Sees said...

what a way to start off the new year! you're always gorgeous!

Frannie Pantz said...

Love this skirt!  I've been wanting one for some time as well.  Best to you in 2012?

Allergictovanilla said...

Me likey! I have been looking for some inspiration with how to wear colored tights and this sure is it! And don't even get me started on that ahem- mullet skirt :)

xo Carlina
allergictovanilla.com

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! 

Santina said...

Aww thank you, Elle! 

Santina said...

Thanks, Frannie! Happy New Year to you, too!

Santina said...

Ohhh can't wait to see you rock some bold tights, Carlina! 

Natalie Garza said...

Oh Santina, you've done it again! I absolutely adore the colors you've mixed in this outfit. The tights and necklace really make it pop. I've had my eye on mullet skirts for quite some time now, but still haven't found the perfect one. Yours is so cute!

Jackielebrun said...

You look amazing Santina!  I think the high/low skirt looks so flattering on you!  I love your ability to spice things up and make every outfit extra special with your own unique twist.  I love how you pulled the blue together with both the necklace and tights.  And your graffiti backdrops always complement your cute outfits!
xo
Jackie
http://www.hourglass-fashion.blogspot.com

Grit and Glamour said...

Love the blue with the blush...totally unexpected, and fab together!

Kate said...

Love those shoes! How did I not notice them at work? (Probably you took them off! :P )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...