Plaid With A Pop Of Color

| |





Blazer: H&M
Shirt: Trouve (Nordstrom)
Pants: J. Crew
Shoes: Dolce Vita (ModCloth)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Necklaces: J. Crew
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Prada (a gift)

A few weeks back, I spent a few days in Portland, hanging out with Erin. It seems that no matter where we are, no trip is complete without at least a little (though usually a lot of) shopping. I couldn’t resist taking advantage of all the end of season sales (not to mention no sales tax!) and these pants were one of my purchases. There was only one pair left and in my size; I didn’t hesitate in adding another pair of printed pants to my closet. This pair is actually much more subtle than my other printed pants, making them a bit easier to wear. They were perfect for a surprisingly chilly day (by San Francisco standards); since they’re wool, these pants are quite warm despite being cropped. I paired the plaid with preppy layers – a blazer and an oversized chambray shirt. Bold pumps, a patent bag and layered necklaces added a bit of color and a dose of fun to a conservative look. 

12 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I think I'm madly in love with those pants....

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

sisters closet said...

Just came across your blog you have a very cool & chic style! I love the outfit especially the color combination its really nice & you look great!
fifthnsixthcloset.com

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Can we talk about your blazer? It's perfectly oversized! Is it just cut that way or did you buy a couple sizes up for that fit. Not because I want to buy it and wear it on my blog and pretend to be as cool as you. Nope, definitely not. :D

Eli said...

Jcrew addicts club! Love these pants on you. They look like you can wear them with anything!

Gena said...

Love that purple pop of color...or "POC" as Brad Goreski calls it :)

http://genantrends.blogspot.com/ 

AquĆ­ said...

Love this combo! I'm in need of a good camel blazer! Looks great with those fab pants!!

Santina said...

Me too! I was so stoked when I found them on sale!

Santina said...

Thank you so much! I appreciate you stopping by and commenting! 

Santina said...

Yes, let's talk about this blazer. It is just perfectly oversized. (I bought a size medium like I would most other things!) I snagged it at H&M months ago...I actually almsot bought two because I thought it fit too perfectly not to. Kinda kicking myself in the ass now...

Santina said...

I agree. The subtle print makes them more neutral than other printed pants in my closet!

Santina said...

Ohhh a "POC"? I am so behind the times! :)

Santina said...

Thanks! This camel blazer has really served me well. I wear it way more often than I thought I would!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...