Leather Trim

| |








Dress: Madewell
Necklace: Adia Kibur (Gilt)
Tights: DKNY (Nordstrom)
Shoes: BCBG Max Azria (Nordstrom)
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Rings: Marc by Marc Jacobs and Surface To Air
Bag: L.A.M.B. (Nordstrom Rack)

Lately I find myself drawn to anything with leather (or faux leather) trim, and when I saw this dress, it was love at first sight. Did I mention that I scored it on sale with an additional discount? Yeah, it was a no brainer. My affection for leather trim is very much centered on pieces that get some much needed edge from the addition. This dress is a fantastic example: without the trim, I wouldn’t have even tried it on. But with the trim on the sleeves and pocket, this dress feels like a modern (albeit minimal) spin on a shirt dress. This outfit was begging for a few eye catching accessories, so I grabbed a statement necklace and printed tights. Ah, the tights…it is with great regret that I don’t have a photo that shows the tights in more detail as they were my favorite part of this outfit. All of my attempts to capture the black and magenta chevron resulted in painfully awkward knee shots. (Not cute.)

In case you didn't hear over on Twitter, you can finally find Style by Santina on Facebook! Yes, it’s true; after years of resisting I finally gave in. Since I know you’ve all been planning my welcome party for quite some time, please take a minute to head over and “Like” Style by Santina!

Aaaaand, don’t forget to enter my Orient watch giveaway! It closes this Friday, February 6th at 11:59 PM PST.

9 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I seriously love that dress - the leather accents are great and I love the cut. And I've hoped over to Facebook and liked the page (or, rather, my Facebook page has hopped over and like your Facebook page).

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Tanvi said...

Love that dress!!!
♡ from © tanvii.com

Allie at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

Oh that dress is awesome, and I love it paired with the necklace! You are now "liked" on Facebook as well!

erika said...

love the madewell dress!  I saw it on sale also and was debating for a while on buying it.  now I wish I had!  It looks great on you!

-erika  teachershavelivestoo.com

Sarah @ Shades of Sarah said...

I love this dress! And also the background in your photos is pretty great too.

Amanda W. said...

Bout time you get on Facebook! ;-) But looove the trim on this and your styled it amazingly!!

<3 Amanda

Thestyley said...

You look fantastic. Also loved your picture on NYT.com party looks. So girly and wonderful--the contrast with your pixie cut is perfect.

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Very pretty! I'm also a fan of leather accents. Or leather, full-on. Leather rocks! As a side note, the cut of this dress is very flattering o your legs!

Sweetlaundry said...

What?! Is this dress currently at Madewell? I did not see it there. Gosh, I love that store. This dress is AMAZING!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...