Leather Pleats

| |





Turtleneck: Zara
Sweater: Free People
Skirt: BCBG Max Azria
Tights: Hue (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Chelsea Crew (Shoe Biz)
Necklace: All Saints
Rings: Surface To Air (Shotwell) and ModCloth
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)

As I’ve already mentioned, I ended up doing a bit of shopping while in Portland, even though I really had no intention of doing so. A canceled wine tasting left Erin and I with a free day, and when that day started out cold and rainy, we went right back to our old ways - brunch, mimosas, and shopping (and more cocktails). A full leather skirt was something I kept an eye out for all winter but never found anything that quite justified the price tag. I was giddy when I spied this faux leather skirt on sale with a further reduction. After trying it on and getting Erin’s approval, I knew I wanted it but I wasn’t sure if I would be able to squeeze it into my carry on. In the end I decided I’d rather wear it on the plane back to San Francisco than pass on it. (Thanks to my impeccable packing skills it wasn’t necessary to wear it on the plane.)

The mild weather here will keep this skirt in rotation all year round, but I returned from Portland just in time for a cold spell, so I wasted no time in wearing it. I like to take advantage of heavy fabrics by wearing tops that would appear bulky under more delicate skirts. The heavy pleats easily concealed this tunic length sweater vest, but that extra layer kept me toasty warm on one of winter’s coldest days. All that black and white begged for a pop of color, so a bag with neon accents finished off this look.

13 comments:

Insomnia said...

The most perfect skirt ever! :O

sartorialsidelines said...

Okay, that skirt is one of the most awesome things I've seen in a long, long time. Wow!



Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Angie said...

Dayum, Gina!  I am officially obsessed with that skirt.  I've been looking for one as well, I just can't justify the spend just yet.  Hopefully one magically comes to me while drinking one morning.  

xo.

Angie

Shanna-Marie Beattie said...

Great way to rock this skirt. I used to work at BCBG, so I know this skirt is super heavy! You make it look easy to wear though! 

the Citizen Rosebud said...

You make me want to wear pleated skirts now with my stripey tops!

holleighz said...

Gorgeous! I just picked up a pleated faux leather skirt from H&M. Love it, although I wish it had a bit more length like this one... Sounds like you had a great trip!

kp said...

AMAZING SKIRT. 

Adiel said...

I'm dying over that skirt. I need!

katealamode said...

I still love this outfit, and that skirt. And not just because it matches Rocky!

Sweetlaundry said...

Great skirt. Please wear it alot since I could never pull it off  :)

shesunderthespell said...

that skirt is amazing! 

xo!

Eli said...

Absolutely amazing, I love how you're wearing it AND the story behind it. Good thing you didn't have to wear it on the plane, I'd hate to think of what would happen to these lovely pleats after sitting on them for hours!

Gaby Dolceamore said...

you always find the greatest backdrops. i love this outfit- i feel like im seeing a different side of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...