On Party Dresses And Twirling

| |





Dress: BB Dakota (ModCloth)
Jacket: Trouvé (Nordstrom Rack)
Tights: Hue (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Nine West
Rings: Marc by Marc Jacobs and Surface To Air
Bag: L.A.M.B. (Nordstrom Rack)

Confession time: I had this dress for months (months!) before finally finding an occasion to wear it. Aside from being the subject of countless compliments, this dress put me in a really happy mood from the moment I slipped it on. It also made it hard not to spend the day twirling around the office. Luckily, my coworkers are amazingly tolerant of such behavior. I knew I’d love wearing this dress; what I didn’t expect was its versatility. When it arrived I pegged it as a party dress, but after playing around with it, I was pleased to find it easy to dress down by layering it over a turtleneck or under a chunky sweater.

Since I planned to head to a party straight from the office, I created a look that, while definitely a bit dressier than my usual work attire, still feels appropriate for day without the risk of a walk to the bus stop being mistaken for a walk of shame. I am always cold so unless it’s at least eighty degrees you will not catch me in a sleeveless dress. This jacket is equal parts sophisticated and edgy with a classic shape and heavy chain link trim, and it fits the metallic accents in the dress perfectly. Silver accessories, black tights and platforms finished off this outfit. 

Speaking of party dresses, if you’re in San Francisco and still need a dress for New Year’s Eve – or just can’t resist a good sale (like me) - be sure to check out Mira Mira Friday (noon - 7 pm) and Saturday (noon - 4 pm) for 50% off the entire store (excluding accessories)! 



15 comments:

House Of Jeffers said...

I've had my eye on this dress... so glad you bought it since I think it was made for you! And those shoes - I'm dying! 

Jen
www.houseofjeffers.com

sartorialsidelines said...

I think that dress totally works for day wear - it's really, really pretty...and that jacket on top is great. I have a top with a similar chain detail on it that adore.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Frannie Pantz said...

Wow!  What a pretty dress and I love how you styled it!  Definite twirlability!  This clutch is also AMAZING!  I love LAMB, even though I have yet to own any.  :-(  You look just lovely!

Sarah @ Shades of Sarah said...

Ah I love it! What gorgeous colors :)

Santina said...

Those shoes? I was LITERALLY dying. Normally, I find Nine West shoes to be some of the most comfortable in my closet - not these! 

Thanks, Jen!

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! I might break it out this weekend witha  sweater!

Santina said...

Thank you! I love LAMB, as well. Gwen can do no wrong in my book!

Santina said...

Thanks, Sarah! 

Meghan Noel said...

Love the colors in this look! The gray and purple are fabulous!

voila-meghan.blogspot.com

Maria said...

Stop. Actually, don't stop. You're the cutest thing evaaaa! Digging that trim on the jacket.

Grit and Glamour said...

You did an amazing job putting this all together! Love the clutch and how you managed to make a very feminine frock look edgy. Fantastic!

Princeton Eats Portland said...

Fab outfit, and I am sad I can't shop with you at Mira Mira tomorrow or Saturday.  Tell the owner how many complements I get on the dress and pants!

A Stylized Hysteria said...

So, so pretty! It's such a unique plummy shade- it's really lovely on you!

Eli said...

You looked so pretty that night! Definitely one of my favorite outfits of the night!

Jackielebrun said...

You looked so stinking cute in that dress when I saw you at the party!  Purple looks great on you by the way!
xo
http://www.hourglass-fashion.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...