A New Old Dress

| |





Dress: Voila (Anthropologie)
Vest: Jack (ModCloth)
Tights: Betsey Johnson (Nordstrom Rack)
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bracelets: Michael Kors (Nordstrom) and Marc by Marc Jacobs
Shoes: Seal Of The Sutro (Shoe Biz)
Bag: Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)

While the sweater in yesterday's post made me question why I hang onto clothing for so long, this dress makes me rejoice in the fact that I do. I haven't worn this dress in at least four years. I recall being quite enamored with it for a while, but then my style took a turn toward a tougher style that made no room for the classic cuts and longer hems that I now can't seem to get enough of. Perhaps Mexico made me soft? Am I becoming a lady? Or am I just...old? (Don't answer that, please!) Either way, when I slipped this dress on, I couldn't help but smile and not just because it still fit me (although that helped) but also because I remember looking at this dress not so long ago and thinking "I will never wear that again”. I actually can’t wait to wear it again!

10 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I can never bring myself to hang onto unworn items for that long but I should try because that dress is amazing and I love it paired with that vest...such a pretty combo!


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Sugarhoneybaby said...

Great combo!Amazing bag:)

Frannie Pantz said...

LOL I do that with clothes in my closet all the time.  If you love it and can't part with it, chances are you will be reacquainted sooner or later!  This is a great dress and it is a great color on you!  I love the faux fur vest as well!

beautyandlechic.blogspot.com said...

i've stopped throwing clothes away especially for that reason! you look good! hope youre well!
x jamie

Santina said...

Thanks, Jamie! I'm definitely happy that I held onto this one!

Santina said...

I know! What was I thinking when I said I need to do a closet overhaul? I should just keep it all; I'll wear it at some point, right?

Santina said...

Thanks! That bag is definitely a favorite!

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! I admire your restraint. I am too sentimental about clothes!

Clara Turbay said...

I like how you put together your ideas in this blog.

http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

SACRAMENTO Amate said...

You are gorgeous, and I love your style and hair.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...