A Look Back At 2011

| |
























What a year! It started out just as I was really settling into life in Mexico, and I think what I remember most about the first half of 2011 is feeling really happy. And what better way to start the year? Of course, like all good things, my time in Mexico came to an end, and the boyfriend, Marley, and our new addition to the family, Sombrita, packed up our house just five minutes from the beach and moved to San Francisco. Dropping everything and moving to Mexico was what many - myself included - would consider a bold move and I admit that there were times when I couldn’t suppress that voice of doubt in the back of my mind. While I told myself everything would work out and that there was no option for failure, part of me feared that might not be true. But, after a stressful week spent living in a hotel while looking for a job and apartment, things started to come together. The boyfriend and I found an apartment despite not having jobs (what was starting to seem like an impossible feat), and I soon landed exactly the kind of job I had hoped for. While it was sad to say goodbye to my lazy beach days, I grow more enamored with San Francisco every day and I look forward to what 2012 has in store.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read Style by Santina. I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year!

(Pssst…don’t forget to enter to win a watch of your choice from Orient!)

14 comments:

Gaby Dolceamore said...

oh man, gorgeous tan!! jels.

Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne said...

Aren't we glad we have you here in SF now! So happy you made your bold move and came here. You're such a warm and happy person (and stylish!) and I'm so glad we met through this little thing we call blogland! Happy New Year to you! xo 

sartorialsidelines said...

You've had a pretty amazing year and in 5 months I'll be packing up my entire life and a) be moving to a new city to start a new job and build a new life or b) will be moving back to Canada and having to find a job and an apartment on the fly so it's nice to hear about things like that working out for people. Happy 2012!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

GlamourGirl_bg said...

cute ! very cute ! :) Happy New Year !!!

http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

I'm sure that Mexico was amazing, but now that you're in SF you get to layer your outfits! wahoo! 

www.stylecomb.com

Krista said...

Happy New Year girl! So glad we both landed in SF, it's been a pleasure getting to know you a bit this year. We really need to go watch some Celts games together... :)

Love this post & your outfits. Gorgeous photos!

Jackielebrun said...

Happy New Year Santina!  First of all I am so glad that I met you and became friends in 2011--you are truly an awesome, down to earth, smart and super fun girl!  I can't believe how tan you are in your posts from last year while you were in Mexico!!!!!
Love this recap--here is to an amazing 2012!!!
xo
Jackie
http://www.hourglass-fashion.blogpsot.com

Santina said...

I'm jealous myself. Is that an all-time low? I looooove being tan.

Santina said...

Thank you so much, Jeanne! I am so happy to have landed in SF and met such a great group of women through blogging. Hope the holidays treated you well. Happy New Year to you and your family! Hope to see you soon!

Santina said...

It totally works out! Everything will be fine! 

Santina said...

Thank you!

Santina said...

Thanks, Sara!

Santina said...

Gooooooooo Celtics! ;)

Santina said...

Aww thanks, Jackie! I'm really happy to have met you this year, as well. We need to plan another fancy lady date soon! 

And - the tan! It's like another person, isn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...