Checked And Spotted

| |





Sweater: Plastic Island (Nordstrom)
Turtleneck: Express
Jeans: J Brand (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: BC (ModCloth)
Necklace: ModCloth
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

I really like this sweater; I just never quite know how to wear it. I think it’s the funnel neck that confuses me. On an especially chilly morning (by San Francisco standards), I decided to layer it over a turtleneck, which allowed me to wear it open, avoiding the funnel neck altogether. All the black and white begged for color and these spotted loafers brought just that. Taking a cue from the shoes, I added a green statement necklace and a black patent bag. I won’t lie – I felt a sense of victory in wearing this sweater but at the same time I couldn't help but wonder why I’ve held onto it for so long. Sure, it’s cute, warm, and cozy, but it’s also a big sweater that takes up quite a bit of my limited space. I think it might be time for a closet clean out…

18 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

What a great sweater - and I love the touches of green.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Kristy said...

ooooooooooh I like this outfit! I always admire your ability in mixing classic pieces with colorful accessories. It's always spot on! :D
 

Angie said...

Big fan of the black and green combo right now. I didn't realize that this was a sweater, I thought it was a coat.  Either way, looking totally amazing.

xo.

Angie

Everythingprettygirls said...

Wow, what a cool necklace... so different, i love it.
xo everything-pretty.com

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Gosh, just love everything about this outfit. The necklace is amazing and looks sooo good with your sweater!

Fashnlvr said...

I LOVE your necklace!!! That is fantastic! It really jumps off the page with the black turtleneck under it.  If you're doing a closet cleanout that includes cleaning out that sweater: please send it to me! It is adorable! You wore it just right!

Sweet Laundry said...

The short hair looks great with a turtleneck. I don't think I can pull one off. Maybe as a layering piece like you've done here. Love the sweaterblanket...get it?

Allergictovanilla said...

that sweater coat is bananas!!

xo Carlina
allergictovanilla.com

Anikasmom said...

NOOOOOOO- You can't get rid of that sweater. It's amazing!!!

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! The choice of green was based entirely on the fact that I had yet to wear these shoes!

Santina said...

Aww thanks so much, Kristy! 

Santina said...

I don't know what the hell it is - maybe that's why I can never seem to figure out how to wear it?

Thanks, Ang!

Santina said...

Thank you! 

Santina said...

Thanks, lady!

Santina said...

Ha! If I decide to ditch it, you'll be the first to know!

Santina said...

From what I've seen, there's nothing you don't look good in! Give turtlenecks a try! :)

Santina said...

Thanks, Carlina!

Santina said...

Alright, I'm keeping it. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...