The Bag That Matches Everything And Nothing

| |





Vest and Sweater: Jack by BB Dakota (ModCloth)
Pants: Blank NYC (ModCloth)
Shoes: Ego And Greed (ModCloth)
Necklaces: Marc by Marc Jacobs and ModCloth
Ring: Surface To Air (Shotwell)
Bag: Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)

My love for this bag is well known by readers of Style by Santina. I’ve professed my love for it more than once and even regaled you all with the tale of how we met and subsequently skipped off into the sunset together. What I don’t think I’ve mentioned is how I turn to this bag whenever I’m at a loss and it never fails me. My immediate thought when choosing a bag was something basic and black. The only problem is that at the time I had only one black bag – a patent one, which often feels dressier than I’d like. That was when I pulled out this one; it matches nothing and everything at the same time – perfect!

And, yes, I said, “at the time I had only one black bag”. It turns out that the boyfriend actually does listen when I whine about my more serious problems in life – like handbags – and bought me a perfect every day black bag as a Christmas present. Photos coming soon!

13 comments:

House Of Jeffers said...

I adore this outfit! The sweater is adorable, and I love your fur vest. Still have yet to find one... And you can never go wrong with Marc. I too have a minor obsession with him!

Jen
www.houseofjeffers.com

Alyson -- TAGG said...

So funny... love pieces like this, too! Your sweater is fabulous, by the way.

Frannie Pantz said...

What a great bag!  I love how it looks against your striped top and fur vest.  What a great boyfriend to listen to you like that!

Sweet Laundry said...

The bag is the perfect match for this sweater. This just proves that the most versatile pieces aren't always black or some other neutral colour. This is a huge lesson for me!

sartorialsidelines said...

That is a pretty sweet bag and it sort of perfectly matches the outfit you're wearing. That and I love the fur vest. Love.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

kellen said...

Super cute! Love the color palette! The vest is especially adorable!

Great blog =]

xo

Santina said...

Thanks for stopping by, Kellen! 

Isn't the vest cute? I've been wearing it constantly. It's actually a warm layer so I can often get by without a jacket when I wear it!

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! I can't stop wearing the vest. It's cute with pretty much everything!

Santina said...

Yes, it does! I always go back to the price per wear rule, and while I absolutely adored this bag, I wasn't sure I'd get enough wear out of it to justify the price. So happy I took the plunge! I've worn it waaaaaay more than I expected.

Santina said...

Yeah, he's a keeper! :)

Thanks for stopping by, Frannie!

Santina said...

Thanks, Alyson! Anything striped is good by me! 

Santina said...

It's true - one can never go wrong with Marc! Thanks, Jen!

Meghan Noel said...

Great comment about splurge vs. steal! Very insightful! I totally find that all rationality and reason goes out the door when I'm shopping. I'm like a manic fiend! Great vest, btw!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...