Tucked In, Buttoned Up, And Bladed

| |










Sweater: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Mercantile, Portland, OR)
Shirt: J. Crew
Skirt: Sloane Boutique (Portland, OR)
Tights: Calvin Klein (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Nine West
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Ring: Surface to Air (Shotwell, San Francisco)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

It turns out wearing a razor blade necklace is more controversial than I thought. I have to admit that I didn’t really think anyone would notice that it was an actual razor blade encased in plastic and stamped with “Marc Jacobs”…everyone did. Obviously, I’m not saying that I didn’t know it was a little risqué. Of course I did. That’s exactly why I chose to wear it with a somewhat reserved outfit.

I can already tell that this chambray shirt was a wise purchase. I can’t stop wearing it. Having only worn it with pants (here and here), I wanted to wear it with a skirt and the print on this one caught my eye. Craving some color, I added this quilted color blocked cardigan, and then finished it off with argyle tights and oxfords. 

15 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

That's a pretty awesome neckace...and skirt...and sweater.


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Gaby Dolceamore said...

ooh razor blade necklace is sooo edgy. nice. oh and btw, you are such a marc jacobs whore. i am completely jealous!

Frannie Pantz said...

That is crazy!  I wouldn't have thought so either, but that's just me.  I hear you on the chambray shirt.  I have worn mine at least twenty times since I bought it a few months ago.

RavenHairedDoll said...

I like your necklace.  I'm surprised to think that people may have gotten offended by it.  I wouldn't have thought so until you pointed it out.  But...I would totally wear it.  It looks fabulous on you because of its contrast to the femininity of your outfit.  

This is seriously such a great look!  I especially like your skirt :)

Have a wonderful day, Santina!

xoxo Azu

www.ravenhaireddoll.blogspot.com

Sweet Laundry said...

I agree. I think if you're going to wear a necklace that is a little risque, this is the way to wear it. You look fabulous as always :)

Angie said...

OH SNAP!  It's only the best necklace EVER!  Looking great!

xo.

Angie

Santina said...

So, you like this one? Is that what you're saying? ;)

Santina said...

Bahahahahaha! I am, indeed, a Marc whore! No shame! 

Santina said...

Who knew chambray shirts were so versatile? I feel like I need to buy more! 

What's your favorite way to style yours?

Santina said...

I wouldn't say anyone was offended by the necklace, but many people commented that it was "provocative". Hee hee. 

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Azu!

Santina said...

Thanks, lady!

Santina said...

Obvs it's the best EVAH!

Sara said...

That sweater  is perfection. And I know what you mean about the chambray shirt, I can't get enough of mine either!

www.stylecomb.com

Frannie Pantz said...

I agree!  I want a darker one (mine is light).  Funny enough, I actually wore mine on my blog today ;-)

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I love how perfectly proper you look in this outfit, yet you're sporting a razor blade.  I just love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...