Ruffles And Velvet Hearts

| |





Top: Joie (Nordstrom)
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Bag: Foley + Corinna (The Outnet)
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bracelets: Michael Kors and Marc by Marc Jacobs
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Shellys London (ModCloth)

This is just another take on my go-to look of boyfriend jeans and a button down. Lately, I’ve been swapping out my more boyish, cotton button downs with silk or sheer versions to create a more feminine and polished look. What I like about this shirt is that the ruffles make it feel feminine but it’s still just a cotton button down. Sticking with the feminine vibe, I pulled out these velvet flats to finish the look. How adorable are the heart cutouts?

11 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

Love that shirt - the pattern and color scheme are so great!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Gaby said...

i love the bf jeans and plaid button down with those fancy, girly shoes. i love how most of your pics are around city hall- its so bright there!

Frannie Pantz said...

Those shoes are adorable!

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I recognize this look :)  I wish I had bought that shirt.

Jackielebrun said...

Hey Soul Sister!  (haha love that comment you left!).  You look gorgeous--those shoes are killer and such a great find!  You are the cutest!xoxox
Jackie
http://www.hourglass-fashion.blogspot.com

Santina Brohen said...

Thanks, Courtney! I wore this shirt quite a bit in Portland but had forgotten about it. I was so excited to see it!

Elisabeth Carr said...

Ummm those shoes are just adorable. They remind me of a pair I had at age 7 (in a good way of course). 

Santina said...

Chic even at seven - I'm not surprised, Elisabeth! ;)

Santina said...

This was my "meeting the family" look! I clean up well, no? :)

Santina said...

Thanks!

Sweet Laundry said...

Love this top and just so you know I've been searching high and low for some good button downs to wear with jeans this season. I'm mostly looking for something like this - a classic button down with an added touch. And I love the hearts and bows on these shoes - so girly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...