Preppy In Plaid

| |





Blazer: H&M
Shirt: Ben Sherman (borrowed from the boyfriend)
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Belt: H&M
Shoes: Boutique 9 (Nordstrom)
Necklace: ModCloth
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Mercules (ModCloth)

I’ve had my eye on this shirt ever since the day my boyfriend bought it. It is the perfect plaid shirt. The classic colors and print remind me of preppy New England roots, which is funny considering that at one point in my life, all I wanted to do was rebel against those roots. While my seventh grade self would have totally worn this, my tenth grade self would have wanted to punch the girl wearing this in the face. Ah, how times have changed… It seems I’ve once again embraced my preppy tendencies but try to keep it modern by adding unexpected or quirky touches, like rolling up the sleeves of this shirt to reveal the contrasting lining and layering on a bird skull necklace. Is there any style from your past that you’ve loved, hated and now love again?

16 comments:

Lee Oliveira said...

I would stop you on the streets in a heart beat just to photograph this look.
love it
lee 
http://leeoliveira.com

sartorialsidelines said...

I love how the colors in the lining of the jacket look against the pattern and coloring of the top - such a nice pop of visual interest.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Gaby said...

haha i love shopping in a man's closet. unfortunately my man is tiny :( i love the cuffs on that jacket and the way it matches with the plaid on the shirt!!

Santina said...

Lee, this totally made my day! Thank you!

Anikasmom said...

This is a really great look. Love how the blazer really dresses it up. It' s amazing how much our styles change & evolve over the years.

foodfashionandflow said...

I really love this look. Your pattern mixing looks fabulous!  that jacket is very flattering on you and you look very stylish and it looks effortless.

Sweet Laundry said...

I love it. Does your BF mind that you wear his clothes sometimes? I've started wearing LGs clothes, but only around the house. He actually quite likes it. Apparently us girls look cute in our man's clothing...

Bri said...

The contrasting lining is brilliant!

Ashleigh Hutchinson said...

Love this look!

xo Ashleigh

www.thedaileigh.blogspot.com

Santina said...

The colors at the cuff are actually from the shirt, not the jacket. The button down has a contrasting plaid lining! I love it!

Santina said...

The cuff is actually the lining of the shirt, not jacket. The sleeves are a bit long, so I showed off the contrasting plaid! 

Santina said...

Thank you!

Santina said...

Thank you so much!

Santina said...

No, he doesn't mind at all. I usually steal something after he's worn it anyhow...I love how it kinda smells like him. :) 

Santina said...

THanks, Ashleigh!

Santina said...

Thanks, Bri!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...