A Chic Standby

| |





Jacket: Alexander McQueen for Target
Dress: Burberry (Nordstrom)
Tights: Hue (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: 80%20 (ModCloth)
Bracelets: Anthropologie and BCBG Max Azria
Ring: Surface To Air (Shotwell)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

While this dress has only made its way to Style by Santina once before, it’s definitely one of my standbys – an easy piece that never fails to make me fell pulled together and chic…and it has pockets. What’s not love?

I have to admit that it’s always difficult for me to choose to wear something that isn’t necessarily flattering, and I couldn’t really decide how I felt about this combination of tights and wedges. I generally wear black tights with black shoes to extend my legs, so this clash of black and gray irked me. Paired with booties that hit above the ankle, I just felt a bit stumpy legged all day. But, I’m trying to remind myself that fashion isn’t always about what’s flattering; it’s also about being interesting or unexpected. What about you? Are you afraid to make the unflattering choice?

14 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I think the black tights and grey wedges actually work together pretty well...and it doesn't make you look stumpy at all. Also, that dress is one of my favorites on you, the color is so beautiful.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

A Stylized Hysteria said...

One of the biggest lessons I've learned from blogging is that you don't have to look "pretty" all the time. It's okay to wear something that's not completely flattering or that breaks the rules. WhiLE I don't think your grey boots and black tights look bad AT ALL, I totally know what you mean about feeling weird about it. But hey, it's better to be interesting than boring, right?

ps- I LOVE that shade of blue on you!

Frannie Pantz said...

I don't think that they are unflattering at all!  Your dress is uber cute!

A Stylized Hysteria said...

pps- Blog needs more Marley and gata mexicana!

Hoyt said...

LOVE those shoes!

hoyt

Ariane said...

Great look Santina, your hair is gorgeous - Ariane

RavenHairedDoll said...

WOw!  You look amazing.  That color totally brings out your eyes.  Your whole outfit is very flattering, in case you were wondering lol.

And yes, I am usually afraid to wear something unflattering.  Sometimes I'll think of this wonderful outfit in my head and when I actually throw everything together and put in on...ugh...it's a different story.  That's probably why I can take so long to get ready.  Whatever...hahaha ;)

xoxo

www.ravenhaireddoll.blogspot.com

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! I absolutely adore the color of this dress. It's so happy, isn't it?

Santina said...

Hee hee! You are so right! I need to get the gatos on the blog more often!

Santina said...

Thanks, Frannie! 

Santina said...

Thanks! I love them, as well...trying to resist wearing them all the time!

Santina said...

Thanks, Ariane!

Santina said...

Hee hee, I totally know what you mean, and actually this was one of those outfits! When I planned this outfit in my head, I loved it, but when I saw it come together in real life, I wasn't quite so sure. 

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Sweet Laundry said...

I think those wedges look really great with that dress. And this turquoise colour suits you so well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...