Back To The Beach

| |





Jacket: RVCA
Shirt: Sparrow (Urban Outfitters)
Shorts: J. Crew
Shoes: Coach (Nordstrom Rack)
Flower Pin: Kate Spade
Bracelets: Marc by Marc Jacobs and Stella and Dot
Ring: ModCloth
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)

Ah, outfit photos on the beach. Did you miss them? You know, as much as I couldn’t wait to have somewhere other than the beach to take outfit photos, I have to admit that I was quite excited to do just that when I spent the day in Santa Cruz last weekend. You may have noticed that this looks very much like the outfits I wore (in winter) while living in Mexico. When it comes to the beach, simple and casual will always be my style. I think it’s because I love being by the ocean so much that what I’m wearing is very much secondary. With sun on my face and toes in the sand, fashion just isn’t my focus. Is that blasphemous for a fashion blogger to say?

14 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I will admit that I have missed the beach shots...I enjoyed living vicariously through you. And I love that red flower, what a great touch!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Gaby said...

i feel the same way when on the beach- what im wearing is secondary. its so nice to be so distracted and not care how i look and just take in mother nature.

Frannie Pantz said...

Not in the slightest.  I LOVE fashion, but there are plenty of things in my life that I actually love more (GASP).  I love the addition of the flower pin.  It is such a great way to keep a casual outfit very chic!

Victoria Franks said...

OMG I must confess, I love Fall but I am a tad bit jelly of your Frisco surroundings! 
xo Vic
www.thriftjuice.com 

Anikasmom said...

Adorable outfit- I think the beach definitely deserves a simple outfit! Lucky you, do you know what I'd give to be able to take outfit on the beach pictures?

Sweet Laundry said...

YES! You belong on the beach! Santa Cruz looks beautiful. This is a must stop for us when we do our road trip from San Francisco to San Diego (which I am beyond excited for). Do you think it will be just as lovely in January? You're going to have to tell me what to wear!

Santina said...

I was surprised when I realized that I missed them...though I think it's the life I had while living on the beach that I really miss. Just thinking about it has me craving a margarita!

Santina said...

I'm happy I'm not alone on this one, Gaby. The beach is pretty much the most relaxing place to me, and I think my beach style reflects that.

Santina said...

I'll admit it: had it not been for the pin, I wouldn't have deemed this outfit blog worthy! It's all about the pin! :)

Santina said...

Don't be too jealous, the weather you see in these pics is officially behind us! I basically wore a blanket disguised as a sweater to work today!

Santina said...

I'm doing it for you, Anika! These beach photos are dedicated to my friend who is far from the ocean! :)

Marissa said...

I love this outfit! So simple and chic but fun - especially that pink flower. :)

Santina said...

It's true: I'm a beach girl! I'm a bit smitten with Santa Cruz - it's a surprisingly charming little town! I think it will be colder in January but just as pretty. Plus, the waves will most likely be big, so the surfers should put on a good show for you! I really, really hope we can meet up but I totally understand if it doesn't happen! :)

Santina said...

Thanks, Marissa. When it comes to the beach, I'm always about simple!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...