Purple, Without Guilt

| |




Top: Yumi Kim (Nordstrom)
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Nine West
Bracelets: Nordstrom, Michael Kors, and Marc by Marc Jacobs
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

It's usually around this time of year that color choices - especially purple - become more significant. But seeing as the basketball season isn't even scheduled to begin any time soon, I can wear purple to my heart's content without feeling disloyal to my beloved Celtics. Yes, these are the kinds of thoughts that run through my head as I sip coffee and decide what to wear each morning. What? You don't factor in team loyalty when you get dressed?

Despite being the color of the enemy (also known as the Lakers), I actually love this shirt. It's the combination of a strong print and easy shape that make this a perfect shirt to throw on with jeans and heels and feel completely put together. And on a Friday after a long week, that's exactly what I did. A few bracelets, a watch and a ring were all I needed for accessories, and a well loved black patent bag finished off the look. While I could never deny my love of classic, cotton button downs, I definitely find myself buying more sheer and silky tops lately. They're just as easy as their more masculine counterparts but feel much more chic.

6 comments:

holleighz said...

That really is a great print! At first (quick) glance, I thought it was just a super shiny material and the dark lines were creases and movement.

sartorialsidelines said...

I'm a big fan of sheer and silky tops myself - this one is great. Purple really suits you and I swear I won't mistake you for a Lakers fan!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

BetweenLaundryDays said...

Ha! 'Round these parts, purple signifies the Minnesota Vikings, and that is a seriously unpopular position to take, no matter what time of year it is.

I've been leaning towards silky blouses lately, too, though my favorites are the button-down silk shirts (best of both worlds!).

Sarah @ Shades of Sarah said...

Hahaha, I definitely color coordinate my clothing based on my team loyalties - you'll never find me wearing orange and blue. P.S. I'm a Heat fan, but I'll take Boston > LA any day. 

Jackielebrun said...

you look so good in purple with your purply/blue hair.  The Ray Bans look dope with this look on you--the whole thing is super versatile for day to night!
xo
Jackie

Elisabeth Carr said...

I have a Yumi Kim top that's super similar. Also purple! It looks great on you. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...