New Hair, Old Habits

| |






Jacket: Alexander McQueen for Target
Shirt: ModCloth
Lace Bra: ModCloth
Jeans: Levi's (Urban Outfitters)
Shoes: Ego And Greed (ModCloth)
Necklace: AllSaints
Rings: Surface To Air (Shotwell) and ModCloth
Bracelet: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Bag: Foley + Corinna (The Outnet)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

I’m definitely not the kind of person who walks into the salon knowing exactly what I want. I often have a few ideas but I’m easily persuaded by a trusted stylist should he or she have a particular vision for me. I went into the salon knowing that I wanted to keep a little bit of color but wasn’t sure about sticking with purple. It’s not surprising that I went with blue. I’ve had blue hair many times, at very different stages of my life, and I think a part of me will always be enamored with it. It’s hard for me to resist blue hair.

I fell back into my old Portland habits with this look, and at the first sign of rain, dressed myself in head to toe gray and black. For a hair appointment, I’m all about being comfortable, and for the ever changing weather, I wore light layers. And, as you might have noticed, I can’t stop wearing my new bag…

12 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love how the guy on the steps in the first photo is all looking at you like "What's going on over there?  Is she famous?"

sartorialsidelines said...

I spend like 30 minutes every day checking out the ModCloth site and am embarrassed to admit that I never saw that top...I would have snapped it up in a second! Seriously, I love it. Then there's the rings. And the shoes. And the nails. And the purse. You are my fashion hero for the day.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Could you look any cuter?? I think not! And I love the blue hair!

Santina said...

Or more likely: "Why the eff is this girl taking pictures in front of my house?" Ha!

Santina said...

Wow "fashion hero"?!? That totally made my day. Thanks, Courtney!!

Santina said...

Awww thank you! ;)

Frannie Pantz said...

I love this sheer blouse!  And your hair looks pretty freaking rad!

holleighz said...

I love how white your hair is (and the blue looks great as well)! Also really into the sheer shirt.

Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne said...

Wow, you rock, sista! Love how you always surprise me with new hair color! Can I steal your jacket & bag too? :) 

Angie said...

You are such a badass!  This makes me want to kidnap you and take you to some Mission dive bar and get all prunk in drublic with you.  Just sayin...

loveyourguts.

BetweenLaundryDays said...

Ah, the blue looks awesome! And I've been totally leaning towards dark neutrals lately, too, as the weather turns colder.

Sweet Laundry said...

LOOOOVE this new bag!
There aren't many girls that can pull off blue hair in such a classy way, but you have managed to do just that. I like the colour switch :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...