Seeing Spots

| |

Sephora by OPI Frankly, I Don't Give A-dam (gray) // Sephora by OPI Read My Palm (green)

After seeing photos all over the internet of perfectly dotted nails I decided to take it on for this week’s manicure. I read about a variety of techniques but decided to apply the dots with toothpicks because I had some in the apartment. And, really, when am I going to use baking toothpicks? I don’t bake. I quickly realized that I was not going to be able to apply perfect dots, so I varied the sizes. I have to admit that these nails are not my favorite. The imperfection drove me crazy so until I can figure out a better way, I’m staying away from dots. Do you have any tips? Spill ‘em!

6 comments:

Gaby said...

i think the different size is fun and whimsical. you should have played that up more and you wouldnt have thought it was imperfections. this is awesome.

sartorialsidelines said...

So cute - I need to add painting my nails to my growing list of weekend plans!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Sarah @ Shades of Sarah said...

I totally understand what you're saying with the imperfection, but they're super cute! Like Gaby said, I like the varying size.

Adiel said...

First of all, I think your nails look completely perfect just the way they are! You're too hard on yourself! But I have to say, I love this dotting tool for polka dots! http://rstyle.me/in5fkr8m I never knew what I was missing until I bought it! ;)

Marielle said...

I think they look super cute! I love polka dots and painted my nails that way before (http://magicaldaydream.blogspot.com/2011/07/polka-dot-nails.html) I have nailpolish that has a brush and a pen option. So that helps :) Anyway, love your creation!

Tanvi said...

They look wonderful!!! 
♡ from © tanvii.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...