Leopard On Leopard

| |





Sweater: MinkPink (ModCloth)
Shirt: H&M
Skirt and Belt: Vince Camuto (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Barbara Bui (gift)
Bag: Foley + Corinna (The Outnet)
Bracelet: Nordstrom
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

Summer hit San Francisco just after I resigned myself to dressing for fall and immediately following a shopping frenzy for fall clothing. Being the beach loving girl I am, I always prefer hot weather, but in terms of fashion, I’m all about fall. So for the first day that truly felt like fall, I put together a look that includes one of my favorite fall trends: the midi skirt. Those of you who have read Style by Santina for a while are all too familiar with my penchant for short hemlines, but believe me – I am just as surprised as you are to find that I am totally smitten with midi skirts.

I was reminded of this sweater when I saw it included in the Mira Mira presentation I had the pleasure of attending last week. It was styled over an adorable plaid dress (seen here in the lookbook), which I might have to try on – it can’t hurt, right? Inspired by the amazing style the night before, I layered my leopard cardigan over a tee with a faux leather pocket and trim and threw on a new midi skirt - seriously, you cannot imagine what I had to go through to get a package that was delivered to me at my apartment! And, when it came to the bag, it was an easy choice - more leopard!

(Pssst…this post comes just in time for the Bloggers Do It Better Animal Instincts challenge! Be sure to pop over and check out all the looks!)

15 comments:

Gaby said...

i loooove this look. and i agree i love warm weather but i prefer to dress in layers. but after being back for three days i think i would prefer a san francisco fall to that of new york city. it is already cold here!

Shanna-Marie said...

I love midi skirts!! this one is great, esp the color. i'm a huge fan of mink pink as well 

AmyMorby said...

Very chic. I have to say--I ALMOST bought that sweater a bit ago and am feeling incredibly sad I didn't. It's just too perfect. I need to get on the skirt bandwagon big time. I'm all dresses and no skirts. This needs to change asap!

Elisabeth Carr said...

The leopard on leopard is so fun! I'd never think to try it but it looks really great, especially because the bag is so subtle. 

lifeasleah said...

I really REALLY love this look.  The skirt and cardigan are both amazing pieces.

ChaisngDavies said...

I LOVE that leopard cardi!  it's a bit different than others I 've seen.  Cute outfit!

Meggy from Chasing Davies

thestyley said...

Love the leopard on leopard action.

simplychic08 said...

i'm so happy i found your blog! this is something i would totally wear! i went through a few pages and i really love your style and i see you are a fellow bay area resident :) i'm now following...

Nnenna said...

I love this leopard on leopard look!  Also your midi skirt is so pretty!  I snagged my first one from H&M last month and I'm surprised by how much I love it =)

Lilly said...

Love this look!  The cardigan is fab! 

Laura said...

Beautiful look! That skirt is so fabulous. xoxo

BetweenLaundryDays said...

I love the combination of ladylike and slouchy here. That skirt is phenomenal!

Grit and Glamour said...

Ooh, liking this blend of ladylike utilitarian, and mixed leopard prints!

Sweet Laundry said...

Yes, ladylike but with an edge which I love. This skirt is fantastic. I think I like this cardigan with  the midi skirt better than over the plaid dress. I don't know, I just like how it all matches. And I'm seriously in love with your Foley & Corrina bag, it's the perfect size!

Cathy said...

Lovely! that midi skirt loves you back too. The animal print cardigan is also lovely. Adorable outfit, eh.

Cheers,
Cathy@scrubs for sale

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...