Diamond Heeled

| |





Shirt: Lumière (Ambiance)
Skirt and Belt: Vince Camuto (Nordstrom)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Shoes: 80%20 (ModCloth)
Bracelets: Nordstrom and Marc by Marc Jacobs
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Treesje (Nordstrom)

To anyone actually expecting diamonds on my heels: I apologize. But unless you’re new to Style by Santina, you probably know that diamonds aren’t really my style. Sure, I’m not one to shy away from big, flashy and slightly over the top jewelry, but diamonds just aren't for me (a fact that my mother has always found blasphemous). Alas, you’ll never catch me in actual diamonds, but the diamonds on the back of these wedges? Now those I love.

As you may have noticed I’ve been in a bit of a shoe frenzy lately. I blame it on the ten months spent mostly barefoot on the beach in Mexico - I'm making up for lost time! Anyhow, as soon as these arrived, I couldn’t wait to wear them, and more specifically, I couldn’t wait to wear them with this skirt. Sure, they’ll look amazing with jeans and chunky knit or a mini with sweater tights, but the first time out of the box had to be with this skirt. Feeling a bit neutral on the bottom, I decided to add in some color with a bright coral top before layering on accessories (including my new favorite necklace…again) in mixed metallics. I already can’t wait to wear these shoes again…

23 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

That skirt is amazing! And the shoes...wow!!!! I love a good wedge boot and the diamond pattern on those babies is too cute!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Merciblahblah said...

I actually WAS expecting to see something sparkly on your shoes, but those diamonds are WAY better. LOOOOVE them!!

merci,
Shannan

Nnenna said...

I love that skirt- the color and length is just perfect! Also, your new wedge booties are so amazing and I want to steal them! :D

Gaby said...

i admit i thought there was going to be some bling on your shoes and i was interested bc i didnt think that sounded like you. i loooove these shoes.

Frannie Pantz said...

Love your bright top and the new header is superb!  I'm not much for "real" jewelry either.   I'm perfectly content with faux or wannabe jewels.

terramcbride said...

Those booties are so fantastic I almost want to ask you to kick my ass, just to have the honor. Fantastic find! 

OnTheRacks said...

Such a great look/color combo. LOVE the shirt and shoes!! xo

Sweet Laundry said...

For some reason I am not a big shoe buyer, so I'm living vicariously through your shoe frenzy.  Another dynamite pair of kicks, Santina! I think the pattern on these shoes would make a great DIY manicure ;)

Jen - House Of Jeffers said...

Those two colors together are awesome! I too have been a repeat shoe offender this past week - 3 pairs already. But I can see why you bought your diamond wedges - very cool!

Jen
www.houseofjeffers.com

Victoria said...

Wow! Those are the craziest shoes evah! I am a firm believer that the shoes make the outfit! And these puppies definitely complete this look!

xo Vic
www.thriftjuice.com

Becca said...

Doing my due dilligence before I come to meet you and catching up on all your wonderful outfits. And THOSE SHOES - want!!!! Now I'm going to be late because I'm going to go scope those out on ModCloth - seriously, so rad!

Santina said...

 You should totally get the shoes - they're super comfy!

Santina said...

I, too, think the shoes make the look. Give me jeans and a tee with an AMAZING pair of shoes over a fancy outfit with basic shoes any day!

Santina said...

I don't want to talk about how many shoes I bought this week...

Santina said...

Ohhhh, it definitely would! I don't know how I'd ever do my right hand thought. I need a nails partner in crime...

Santina said...

Thanks, Laura! 

Santina said...

Ha ha. One of my favorite comments EVER!

Santina said...

 Thanks!

Santina said...

Thanks, Gaby! I'm seriously obsessed with them!

Santina said...

Locking up my closet now...hee hee!

Santina said...

Thank you, Shannan!

Santina said...

I love the pattern!!! Thanks, lady!

kp said...

I love those boots!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...