A Classic Skirt

| |






Jacket: Juicy Couture
Shirt: Gap
Skirt: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (ModCloth)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bracelets: Michael Kors and Stella And Dot
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Sunglasses: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)

When it comes to trendy pieces, I’m usually hesitant to spend too much money on them. I like to test drive trends, picking up pieces from affordable retailers like H&M and Zara before I decide if it’s something worthy of more hard earned dollars. Much to my surprise, I fell in love with the longer, more ladylike skirts that are everywhere this fall and decided to invest in a classic wool skirt with staying power. My search was brief; I checked out the Marc by Marc Fall collection (for the one millionth time) and decided on this one. A camel skirt in a timeless shape is an easily justified investment piece: it’s extremely versatile and I can wear it for years to come. What fall trends do you think are worth a splurge?
 

11 comments:

Kate said...

Ooh,  I love your MK bracelet!! I have been eyeing a few pieces from his jewelry collection, they are all so gorgeous! 

A Stylized Hysteria said...

that skirt was a great buy! It'll last you forever. and i have plenty of skirts that length; when i want to wear them shorter, I pull them up higher on my waist and safety pin the side so it stays up. Don't know if it'd work for that skirt, but you never know.

Frannie Pantz said...

What a great investment piece!  I am a big fan of the longer length skirt trend.  Mostly because I prefer skirts and dresses to pants so it is a great alternative when the weather is not cooperating, especially in wool.  I LOVE your studded booties as well.

Gaby said...

i have been dying to DIY a pair of shoes with upholstery tacks but havent found the perfect pair. these campbells are unexpected and refreshing. rethinking my approach.

sartorialsidelines said...

That skirt is perfect! Seriously, the cut and button detailing are just so wonderful and I love it with the gold and blue accessories.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Cynthia said...

Haha, those shoes are NUTS!  And I mean that in a totally complementary way.   It's very sneaky-fun to pair them with the otherwise totally classic outfit.

Princeton Eats Portland said...

1. Those shoes look way better in person than they do online.  2. Congrats on all your NY Times exposure.  I feel like this is relevant because it is that necklace that is featured, right? 3. My splurge piece is a yet-to-be-found leather skirt.  4.  You look great.

Lily said...

Hi Santina,

First off, I love your accessories! You always look wonderfully put together!

I mentioned you in my most recent post. Your question regarding Nepal really got me thinking.

XOXO,
Lily

www.bleedforfashion.com

Sweet Laundry said...

This skirt is definitely worth the investment. I really love how  you've styled it to make suit your personality, the details like the shoes and ring/bracelets give it a bit of an edge. This 3/4 length jacket is the perfect layering piece and I really want to know where that necklace is from! 

mousevox vintage said...

definitely worth the investment. this is such a lovely & timeless piece. it's also very flattering on you and looks so nice with that jacket. 

pixiedust said...

Love that smart yet chic and laidback look. I know the perfect accessories to go with that -- ulinx.com magnetic jewelry. I can wear ULINX at the office or on a night out. Check em out on facebook and heard they're giving away 8 bracelets when you sign up.  I'd love to score one of those!  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...