A Bit Boyish

| |




Shirt: J. Crew
Vest: BCBG Max Azria (via Shop It To Me)
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Rachel Antonoff for Bass (ModCloth)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Watch and Bracelet: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs

Notice anything different about these photos? I ask because someone other than my on-call photographer took them. When said photographer (aka my boyfriend) informed me that he would be unable to take my outfit photos for a few days, I thought I’d end up skipping them altogether. As it turns out, I just so happen to work in an office full of people who not only understand the importance of outfit photos but are also willing to lend a helping hand without making me feel completely ridiculous when I ask “Will you take pictures of what I’m wearing as I stand in the middle of the street?” I’m a lucky girl.

This outfit, like so many others, started with the shoes. It’s no secret that I love menswear inspired shoes, but these also have a touch of that preppy east coast vibe that will always hold a special place in my heart (and closet). I adore them. Inspired by my new shoes, I went for boyish, preppy layers – boyfriend jeans, a button down, and a vest. Gold accessories and a navy patent bag finished off a look that would definitely make my seventh grade self proud.

11 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I'm glad you found a fill in photographer...I'm getting pretty used to seeing an outfit post from you each am while I sip my coffee...and, yes, it does give me ideas for what I want to wear that day. For example, this morning I really wish I had those shoes. And the necklace.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Santina said...

Aww, that totally made my day - thanks, Courtney! I can't tell you how much I appreciate seeing your comments each day!

Frannie Pantz said...

Well whoever took your photos did a great job.  I love the casual feel of this look and, yes, the shoes are pretty rad.  I am such a sissy.  I won't even let my bf take my photos because he always makes me laugh and I look like a horse or something.  I take all my own photos, but it would be so much easier if I could let someone else do it! 

Princeton Eats Portland said...

Those shoes... I can't express how much I love them.  You really make me want a vest.

Cynthia said...

There's something more personality-ful about your face in these photos.  And I don't mean you were flat before, but maybe just having someone different take the photos made you react differently, you weren't used to it so your expressions are more/different.  Something.  Maybe we need variety in our photographers just like in our diets.  Anyway, good photos, like the outfit.

jamie said...

you're so adorable santina :) your shoes are Amazing! and yes, an office full of ladies who are willing to shoot your looks? um yes, lucky! hehe :) hope that you're well darling!

x jamie
from beautyandlechic.blogspot.com

Santina said...

Wow, I'm impressed! I would love to be more independent when it comes to outfit photos. I'm holding out for a new camera to buy a tripod and remote though. I might come to you for tips once I do!

Santina said...

Aren't they so cute? I love, love, love them!

Santina said...

Interesting observation, Cynthia! Maybe it's a look of horror at the realization of exposing how truly awkward I am to a co-worker? ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Jamie!

Sweet Laundry said...

Yes, you are a lucky girl. My on-call photographer is a tripod :) These shoes are very cool. They kind of remind me of something a basketball player would wear. The Celtics would be proud :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...