All Tied Up

| |





Shirt: Trouvé (Nordstrom)
Skirt: Hinge (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Nine West
Necklace: Ambiance (San Francisco)
Bracelet: Voz Clothing & Art (Renegade Craft Fair)
Bag: See by Chloe (gift)
Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs

Whenever I’m at a loss as to what to wear, I start with a button down. It’s definitely my comfort zone, but I am not about to let it become my complacent zone. I love to take favorite pieces and combine them in new ways. This outfit is a perfect example – I wore this chambray shirt with this very skirt not so long ago, but this didn’t feel like a repeat. When it comes to wearing an oversized button down with a skirt, I usually go one of two ways: belted over the skirt or tied up just at the waistline. Tucking it in never works for me; there’s always too much material and it usually shows under the skirt. For some reason tying up a button down feels like a really feminine take on the menswear staple, so I paired my chambray shirt with accessories in soft colors. What do you wear when you want to feel comfortable but put together?

8 comments:

BetweenLaundryDays said...

I love the idea of avoiding the "complacent" zone. I've also been reaching for button-down shirts on a daily basis lately. I love the potential that they have for being fancified with accessories and other girly details. This outfit is the PERFECT example of that! :)

Courtney Thomas said...

I always reach for a pair of skinny black pants...and then anyone of 10 different print/colored tops that I have...it's a basic look but not complacent. At least I don't think it is...on an unrelated note, I love those wedges. For reals.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Courtney Thomas said...

I think I screwed something up and the comment I just wrote got delete. Le sigh. I was saying that I always reach for a pair of skinny black pants and then a colored/print top as a basic but non-complacent look. That and I love those nude wedge sandals.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Santina said...

Black skinnies are always chic - nothing complacent about that at all! I'm on the hunt for a new pair of black pants, actually. My black skinny jeans have seen better days...

Santina said...

We are kindred spirits when it comes to button downs! They are just one of those boyish basics that I'll always love.

Eleanor said...

Button ups are my wardrobe workhorse.
I love them, but I agree with you about becoming complacent.
Although from my last 4 blog posts you wouldn't be able to tell that!

You look beautiful!

Anikasmom said...

Cute outfit- the print on that skirt is great!!!!

Gaby said...

i need to learn how to tie a shirt without it being too tight or riding up. flashing my mid-driff is not sexy, not from me at least.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...