Warm Thoughts And An Irresistible Dress

| |





Jacket: Gap
Dress: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Shoes: Nine West
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Sunglasses: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)

Do I look like I was freezing while taking these pics? I definitely was. San Francisco’s temperamental weather sure has a way of messing with outfit photos. When I left work, the sun was shining and it was mid-70’s. (Funny to think that about six months ago I would have been freezing at the thought of mid-70’s.) Sunglasses on, jacket off, I basked in the sun while waiting for the bus. Twenty minutes later I stepped off the bus and into the fog and wind…I was not happy. Determined to still get outfit photos that at least made it appear as though summer was here, I bravely peeled off my jacket and thought warm thoughts. Did it work?

This dress was yet another purchase from Erin’s visit, and I couldn’t wait to wear it. A dress with an easy silhouette, a geometric print and pockets is simply not something I can pass up. And while I have little hope of wearing this without layers again any time soon, I do look forward to wearing it with a chunky cardigan, tights, and boots. Are you already thinking about how to transition some of your favorite summer buys into fall?

18 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

Sorry about the weather but you would never know it was so cold looking at these photos - that dress just draws all the viewer's attention, it's such a perfect print!


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Angie said...

O-M-GEEEE.  I love that dress.  The pattern is amazeballs.  This f-ing weather can kiss my ass.  I am so ready for Indian Summer.  Is it appropriate to say Indian Summer? Or is that like mulato? No good?  SHIT.  

Well, I love your guts, but you already know that.

xo.

Angie

thehotnessyourmommawarnedyouabout.blogspot.com

Jacqueline Le Brun said...

You look gorgeous in this dress! SOOOO flattering and pretty.  I love the bold geo print in perfect bold earth tone colors.
I tried this on a bunch at Bloomies but didn't get it...jealous!XOJackie
http://www.hourglass-fashion.blogspot.com

Archives said...

that print is fantastic! you dont look cold at all! :)

Santina said...

Ah, success! I was seriously f-f-freezing at times...in the end, I caved and threw the jacket back on.

Santina said...

I love your guts, too, Angie. I also love that you debate the politcal correctness of your vocbalary over here!

Santina said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you were able to resist this dress. I wasn't really planning to buy a dress, but then I tried it on...and loved it too much to put back!

Santina said...

Isn't the print amazing? I love, love, love it!

Frances Joy said...

Gorgeous dress!  It is absolutely amazing.  Also, way to fake not freezing.  

Elisabeth Carr said...

Remember when I said the leather shorts were made for you? Well this dress was really really made for you. I love the way you know your personal style so well yet manage to always keep it fresh and fun. Inspirational. 

Princeton Eats Portland said...

You look great!  I am happy you braved the cold because that dress needs to be shown :)

BetweenLaundryDays said...

That dress really is irresistible. It's fantastic! :)

Santina said...

Thank you! I just didn't want to cover up that dress - even if it meant being a little cold!

Santina said...

Thanks, Elisabeth! I couldn't agree more about this dress; once I tried it on, I had to have it. There was no looking back. :)

Santina said...

OMG, I was beyond sour about the fog this day!

Santina said...

Happy you agree!

Sara C. said...

That's such a cute dress, i love the print.
you have such a cool haircut!
Have  a lovely day
Sara C.

Sweet Laundry said...

I can't tell at all that you're freezing, skills of a true model! I've taken outfit photos outside in the dead of winter so mid 70s doesn't sound so bad to me :)
LOVE this dress. The print is AMAZING! It has a bit of a Mexican vibe to it. I bet that's what attracted you to it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...