Tomboy

| |





Top: Sparrow (Urban Outfitters)
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Socks: Betsey Johnson
Shoes: Ego And Greed (ModCloth)
Necklace: Sloan Boutique (Portland, OR)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)
Bag: See by Chloe (Nordstrom)

I like to put on a pretty dress just as much as the next girl, but when it really comes down to it, I’m a tomboy at heart, always have been and always will be. When other girls my age were obsessed with Barbies and Cabbage Patch Kids, I was playing with Transformers and GI Joes. By the time I got to high school, I was far more interested in field hockey than fashion. And college…well, we just won’t go there. Even now I often find myself admiring a random guy’s suit while on the bus, thinking how amazing it would look on a woman.

I wore this last weekend, and it’s just the kind of outfit that is so easy to me - boyfriend jeans and an oversized button down (often borrowed from the boyfriend though not this time). I’ve done it a million times (like here and here) but I play around with accessories to keep it interesting (or so I hope). This time I went with a sparkly bow tie necklace and socks with an adorable heart print.

11 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I love addition of those adorable socks to this...not to mention the bow necklace.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I am so happy to see those socks out and about.  I love all your more "tomboy" looks.  I need to figure out a way to wear tomboy-ish clothes without looking frumpy.

Ladyofashion said...

Yeow! I love those socks, great outfit dear. Looks like SF is treating you well. I miss it, and need to come back soon! -xo

Starlet Starlet said...

WOW SF looks unusually sunny! Your bowtie necklace caught my eye and my first thought was, whaaat that is such a cute standalone button. The chloe bag and socks are also ahdorableee

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! The socks totally made this outfit for me. My feet were happy!

Santina said...

I knew you'd be happy to see these socks! I think you should go super preppy with your tomboy style!

Santina said...

Thanks! And yes, SF is definitely treating me well!

Santina said...

I know, right? It's so rare to see sunlight in my photos!

jamiemarc8805 said...

adorable! this is a great look inspired by men! i love suits too and i wish i can pull them off. im sure you'll look amazing in them! love the mix of these socks and your bow necklace!xx jamie
beautandlechic.blogspot.com

BetweenLaundryDays said...

Love this post. I was totally a little tomboy when I was a kid, too (my sister and I went seemed to take turns going through our tomboy phases). I definitely wear my fair share of skirts and dresses now, but I find myself infinitely more comfortable in jeans and "androgynous" styles.

Anyway, I love this outfit. The shoes are great, and the detail of the socks is awesome!

Sweet Laundry said...

You're lucky. Not alot of people can pull off both the tomboy look and a ladylike dress. You're a master at it :) I've seen these shoes on another blogger before and I still admire them. You're always wearing the cutest socks too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...