Stripes On Stripes

| |






Sweater: Zara
Shirt: Gap
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (ModCloth)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Sunglasses: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)

I’ve been wearing a lot of prints lately – polka dots, Dalmatian spots, and even running impala – but not as many stripes as I normally do. To fix that, I layered stripes in bold colors for a cheerful, casual look. Buttoned all the way up and paired with boyfriend jeans this look had a bit of that boyish vibe I love so much, but super high wedges and gold accessories definitely kept it feminine.

It’s not often that you’ll hear me say this, but I’m almost looking forward to cooler weather. I know, I know; I’m constantly complaining about San Francisco’s “summer” and now here I am saying I want it to be even cooler. I can’t help it; this taste of layering reminded me how much I love fall. And after nearly a year of warm weather, I’m ready for a bit of change. I’m also more than ready to wear some new additions to my fall wardrobe.

17 comments:

Citizen Rosebud said...

I didn't think I would like the shoes (I am so over JC) but these are nice. I like the color. And of course, your stripes. Rock on, Santina.

sartorialsidelines said...

It got pretty chilly here over the weekend and so I was doing a lot of layering and am now even more psyched for fall than I was before! I love your layering - stripes are always so great for that. And those shoes are so pretty!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

AmyMorby said...

Oh, the shoes--THE SHOES! Jeffrey can do no wrong in my eyes. Ever. It's to the point where if someone talks crap about a JC shoe I get all riled up. Like it's my moral duty to defend all things Jeffrey Campbell. Too bad I only have one pair. Wah waaah. You look great!

Gabrielle Dolceamore said...

summer has arrived, girlfriend. i was sweating my ass off yesterday and i loved it! those houses look like they're made out of candy and i am really obsessed with those shoes.

Angie said...

HOOORAY for Indian Summer.  Loving the stripey layers, and those shoes?  Well, I am dead over them. 

xo.

Angie

BetweenLaundryDays said...

I am TOTALLY replicating this outfit this week. I'm loving the high-buttoned blouse look this season!

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I am replicating this look too, perhaps tomorrow.  Except I think it's supposed to be above 70 tomorrow, so you know that means I will be hot.  Hm.  Maybe in a couple weeks I will replicate it.

Margot Bookspan said...

Love the stripes on stripes! So amazing. Just perfect!

xo
Margot

Santina said...

Ha - love it!

And, yes, I knew you'd like my stripes. It's funny how certain things remind you of people you don't actually know, isn't it? Stripes always make me think of you...

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! I can already tell that I will be all about layering prints this fall!

Santina said...

Thanks, Amy! And perhaps you should let Mr. JC himself (hee hee) know about your loyalty...maybe you could get a job out of it...or at least a few pairs of shoes! :)

Santina said...

Woohoo! I am so happy it's here. Expect some summer outfits next week - I'm behind on pics!

Santina said...

Don't die, Angie! Who would my Italian soul sister be then? And you know we like to roll in packs....

Santina said...

Yay! Can't wait to see it!

Santina said...

Ha ha. You are so funny when it comes to heat - we are total opposites!

I can't wait to see your take on it!

Santina said...

Thanks, Margot! I was actually really tired that morning, so it was kinda like "what can I pile on in the hope that it wakes me up?" The answer: lots of stripes and bright colors!

Sweet Laundry said...

Double the stripes, double the fun:)
You have the best shoes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...