Skinnies And Sunshine

| |





Top: ModCloth
Tank: Banana Republic
Jeans: Levi’s (Urban Outfitters)
Shoes: Ego And Greed (ModCloth)
Necklace: ModCloth
Bracelet: Nordstrom
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

I keep my closet arranged in sections: pants, dresses, long sleeve shirts, short sleeve shirts, jackets, etc. all arranged by color. As I looked through my long sleeve shirts section, which previously would have accurately been described as my “cotton button downs” section, I noticed that there were more sheer shirts than I recall buying. It seems I’ve unknowingly been on a binge for anything sheer, but it’s not really surprising. They’re a perfect way to add a feminine touch to the boyish looks I love so much, and it’s also an easy way to mix textures. With fall on its way, I look forward to layering sheer tops under chunky knits and wool blazers.

On this not quite summer but not yet fall day, I layered this sheer tunic over a tank and black skinnies rolled up to show off what has quickly become a favorite pair of shoes. With such a neutral outfit, I couldn't resist adding a pop of color and I absolutely adore this poppy colored bag paired with camel.

21 comments:

Tanvi said...

That's exactly how I organize my closet as well! :) You look good!!!
♡ from © tanvii.com

sartorialsidelines said...

I love your closet organization scheme - it's pretty similar to mine except I don't arrange by color (but now I really, really want to). I also love that blouse - it's so cute!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Jessica Poissant said...

I could not agree more on adding sheer tops to a closet. It's one of the many things I have been looking towards to add feminity in my closet lately. Great look! Have a great day.

Anikasmom said...

LOVE that top- super cute. Your handbag is great too. Perfect Fall color!

BetweenLaundryDays said...

I've been on a sheer fabric binge lately, too. There's something so sweet about it! And I love this outfit. It's so simple, and so pretty. 

Gabrielle Dolceamore said...

i absolutely love sheer, expecially partnered with chinky knits and wool. it's the perfect way to femininze layers in the fall. although it is summer here!! wahoo! that bags adds the perfect amt of pop to the outfit. xxoo

Santina said...

If it wasn't for the borderline obsessive organization in my closet, I'd never be able to get dressed!

Santina said...

Happy I'm not alone in being smitten with sheer tops! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :)

Santina said...

Isn't it a fun color? I was weary of a poppy colored bag at first, but I've worn it with colors I never expected to!

Santina said...

There is something sweet to it. And this one? With hearts? It feels ultra sweet to me but not in a sugary way.

Santina said...

It's about time summer came to SF! (And, you caught me - I usually post pics from the week before!)

Frances Joy said...

Yes!  Sheers are great for layering.  Love the pop of poppy (he, he, he), too. 

Sarah said...

Your sheer love affair can be excused because this shirt is awesome!  I have several sheer things, but not nearly as many as I feel like I should, haha.

Eli said...

Now that we're getting ready for fall the heat starts to roll inBetweenLaundryDays  how about that! I really love this top on you, it's actually very Marc Jacobs in a cute way :) Also, now that I've seen Angie's new hair I think I'm ready to go to a professional
 

Sweet Laundry said...

I am loving your sheer  obsession! You are so right in that it adds a feminine touch to your outfit. I love how you have your closet organized not only by category but by colour. That's a true sign that you love getting dressed. And that you're super organized :)

THE-LOUDMOUTH said...

You're welcome. ;) The hearts are adorable & so are you!

Adiel said...

You're right, that top is definitely the perfect amount of femininity! Love the hearts and the bag!

Dani Shapiro said...

Haha I'm totally a sheer-binger, too! I happen to LOVE this one! Adorable print! :)

<3 The Daily Dani

Maria said...

Obsessed with that top!

Elisabeth Carr said...

I totally heart your heart blouse. And I feel the exact same way about sheer tops these days. It seems I have to pull out a camisole every morning to layer under my tops. 

FASHION ICE said...

that top is super cute!! lovely looks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...