Silky And Chic

| |




Sweater: H&M
Shirt: Trouve (Nordstrom)
Pants: Mira Mira (San Francisco)
Belt: Zara
Shoes: Steve Madden
Bag: See by Chloe (a gift)
Sunglasses: Chanel
Bracelets: Anthropologie and BCBG Max Azria
Ring: Shotwell (San Francisco)

I don’t know what’s come over me recently, but I can’t resist pants that feel like pajamas. Palazzo pants, harem pants, and now this pair of dreamy silk pants seem like a much better choice than wearing my skinny jeans or boyfriends...again. There’s something about how comfortable they are that makes them feel that much more feminine to me. When I saw this pair of pants, with the adorable print and soft colors, I was smitten but a little weary of the high waist.  Much to my surprise, they fit like a dream and were on sale. What more could a girl ask for?

I debated a few outfits but went with my tried and true by pairing it with a boyish button down and a boxy sweater. Since I was covering up the waist, I cinched the oversized tops with a braided belt. I added silver accessories and a gray pair of heels. I can’t wait to wear these pants again, and I think they’ll transition well into fall, paired with chunky knits and booties. And, let’s be honest – given this San Francisco “summer”, I could wear that tomorrow!

11 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

This looks so relaxed and comfy - it's a really crappy grey and rainy day here in New Haven and I am definitely coveting that grey sweater of yours....


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I LOVE the white shirt buttoned up all the way to the collar with the sweater over it.  And those pants?  Genius.

Santina said...

It WAS relaxed and comfy. If I can combine that with feeling put together, then I consider it a win!

Santina said...

I actually wore the same shirt yesterday, and it was buttoned all the way up again. Happy you like it; you might be seeing it a lot! And, I'm happy you like the pants. They are so insanely comfortable.

Gabrielle Dolceamore said...

the pink belt is the perfect pop of color. i just adore pajamas as clothes. reminds me of freshman year of college, except waaaay more fashionable. lol

thestyley said...

Very cute. Love the pop of color at the waist and the printed pants. Harem pants were definitely going strong in Paris.

Elisabeth Carr said...

i had my eye on those pants at mira mira too! but i'm so glad YOU got them because they look perfect on you. 

Santina said...

Ahhh yes, I was all about wearing pajamas to my early morning labs. It seems science students always got screwed with the early classes! Of course, you would probably DIE if you saw my "style" back in college. What can I say? I went to UVM.

Santina said...

Thanks! Oh, and I adore harem pants - good to know I'd fit right in!

Santina said...

Oh, I bet they'd look amazing on you. You can borrow them if you like...you know, if I can borrow your gorgeous leather jacket! That's fair, right? :)

mousevox vintage said...

these are amazing! i love the soft and subtle print. you inspire me to try pants more often. i think palazzo and harem pants would be a safe departure from my dresses and skirts. baby steps. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...