The Obvious Choice

| |






Jacket: Urban Outfitters
Dress: Betsey Johnson
Belt: H&M
Brooch: Vintage
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (Jeremy’s)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)

So, I know I’ve faked it recently, but this time it was actually warm enough to be wearing this – summer is finally here! And, ever since, deciding what to wear has been a challenge. This is my last chance to wear some of my favorite summer clothes. Well, maybe not the last time but at least the last time without tights and layers. Since I planned to check out the opening of the new Betsey Johnson store later in the day, my choice was easy – something Betsey. I have two dresses, but this one is by far my favorite of the two (last seen here). I layered this military jacket over it, rolled up the sleeves and then belted it. I debated a few necklaces before this vintage brooch caught my eye. I bought it a few months back at the Alameda Flea Market with Eli. It feels like such a happy piece, and if there is anything the Betsey girl is, it’s happy.

By the time I arrived at the store opening, there was a much larger crowd than I expected though it looked exactly as I expected – drenched in pink and tulle galore! I watched as Betsey spray painted the wall outside the new store but left shortly after she went inside, and I wish I had stayed a bit longer to get a few better shots. For more photos from the event, head over to Refinery29!



 

22 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

Cool photos! And I'm glad that summer has finally found you in September...that dress is really pretty and the pin is just too cute!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I love everything about this outfit - the color combinations, the pin, and you KNOW I love that dress.  Perfect outfit to see Betsey!

Maria said...

Such a fun dress! You look great, as always!

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Cute! The pin is my favorite part, I think!

thestyley said...

What a great colorblocking situation you have here. And the pin is adorable!

Gabrielle Dolceamore said...

ooh i love the blue lace. and my green anorak is always my obvious choice, im starting to look like the girl from freaks and geeks.

Adiel said...

Such fun photos! Love the blue lace dress! It's gorgeous!

Amanda Weiss said...

Love the dress- perfect for the occasion! And our San Fran summer has begun! yay!

Amanda



















hyperlink LYLIFclothing

Freesia said...

You look gorgeous! your shoes are perfect!!! Adore betsey!!! 

Anikasmom said...

I absolutely love Betsey!!!

Santina said...

Me too! It might be a little late, but I'll take whatever I can get! :)

Santina said...

Thanks, Erin! This dress is definitely a crowd pleaser - it's one of those dresses that everyone likes. I think it's the cheerful color!

Santina said...

Thanks, Maria! It's definitely one of my faves and I'm really happy I got another chance to wear it before it gets tucked away in storage!

Santina said...

Thanks! This is the first time I wore this pin - kinda want to start building a collection though!

Santina said...

Thanks! I love these colors together!

Santina said...

You say it like there's something wrong with that? ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Adiel!

Santina said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Freesia!

Santina said...

Me too! She's awesome!

rental mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Sweet Laundry said...

Betsey  Johnson is so cool. I Love the colour and texture of this dress!

Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne said...

You went to this too? So many celebrity sightings for you! Lucky girl! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...