Navy, Green, And Ice Cream

| |





Trench: Juicy Couture
Top: Zara
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Sam Edelman (Nordstrom)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs

It’s not unusual for you to catch me still in pajamas at one o’clock on a Saturday or Sunday. What can I say? After a long week, the combination of coffee, sleepy kitties, and an America’s Next Top Model marathon keeps me glued to the couch for longer than I’d like to admit. But, when my boyfriend tempted me with a stroll around Hayes Valley and delicious ice cream at Smitten, I was in the shower and dressed in record time. This is just an easy look that feels put together thanks to the classic color combination and gold accents.

But, back to the ice cream… I’ve never really been a big ice cream person, but something about all that homemade ice cream I ate while living in Mexico gave me a newfound appreciation for it. My strawberry and white balsamic ice cream was amazing, and I definitely need to try the candied jalapeno topping. I intended to snap a photo of my cup of ice cream, but I couldn’t tear myself away from eating it to do so!

22 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I love that trench! The buttons on it are so cute and it looks like it pairs effortlessly with jeans. I'm also not much of an ice cream person but I also haven't tried homemade ice cream in about a decade and I'm pretty sure it would also cause me to amend my attitude.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Girl and Closet said...

Simply stunning! I love these two colours together and I absolutely adore that silky green cami -SO gorg!! And an America's Top Model marathon?! Sounds like my idea of a fab/relaxing weekend! xo veronika

AmyMorby said...

mmm I LOVE balsamic on ice cream. There's a gelato place here with ricotta gelato and balsamic on top. It sounds bizarre but is honestly the best treat in the world. Also, you look amazing. I love that necklace! Marc Jacobs can do now wrong. I'm sure of it.

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Love this outfit- it's the perfect casual weekend outfit. Balsamic ice cream, however, makes me want to hide under the bed with los gatos!

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! I got in the habit of always reaching for my sleeveless trench, totally forgetting about this trench! I love the girly details on it - the gold buttons, the ruffled sleeves, and the cute printed lining!

Santina said...

Thanks, Veronika! This top is actually a silky tee. I love that I basically wore jeans and a tee but felt completely put together!

Santina said...

That doesn't sound strange at all. It sounds delicious!!

Santina said...

Ha!! Fair enough! :)

Gabrielle Dolceamore said...

im not big on ice cream either but i will sacrifice my stomach to some handmade stuff. yumm yumm. im wearing that trench on my blog last week slightly altered. love it in navy!

xxoo
www.paperplanesandmaryjanes.com

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I wish I dressed as well as you everyday.  Even this casual outfit is fabulous!

Santina said...

Ohhh, I need to head over and see how you wore it!

Santina said...

We both know that I don't dress well every single day. Most days? Sure. Every day? Not a chance. To refresh your memory, think back to that morning we rolled to Albina Press in mesh shorts and hoodies - Celtics for me, Blazers for you...not my shining moment! :)

Princeton Eats Portland said...

Hahaha, I went to Albina Press a couple weeks ago, and I was giggling about that day.  What wrecks we were.

Angie said...

HAHAHA.  We did the exact same thing on Friday.  I love Hayes Valley.  I saw Smitten but didn't grab any ice cream, now you are making me fully regret that decision.  Loving your beautiful coat.

xo.

Angie

thehotnessyourmommawarnedyouabout.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Your trench is SO CUTE! I love it! The color is gorg and the sleeve detailing is just darling! 

thestyley said...

You are rocking that striped shirt.

mousevox vintage said...

that is the jacket of my dreams! it's so nice to see some sunshine in your photographs. ;)

Santina said...

Isn't it? I am thrilled to finally post outfit photos with some light in them. White sky combined with silver hair is tough...I need some contrast or it looks like my head just bleeds into the sky!

Santina said...

I do love me some stripes!

Santina said...

The details are definitely what makes this trench. The gold buttons, polka dot lining, and ruffled sleeves are too cute!

Santina said...

Dude, how did you not get ice cream? It had balsamic vinegar in it, which makes it Italian! ;)

BetweenLaundryDays said...

That trench/jacket is PHENOMENAL. I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...