Smudged Newspaper Manicure

| |

Essie Marshmallow

If you follow me on Twitter, then you might remember that my triangle nails were featured on DailyBuzz Style. The feature also included 61 Wild Manicures, which lead me to a video demonstrating how to create newspaper nails. I knew exactly what I’d be doing for this week’s nails DIY.

While this manicure is easy enough to make the text appear perfectly aligned, I went for a more undone look with smudged and faded text. I mean, newspapers are messy, right? I have to say that I’ve reeled in more compliments on this manicure than any of the others I’ve tried so far. I’ll definitely try this again, using a different base color (maybe a pale blue), and Erin mentioned trying it with comics, which I think would look rad!

12 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

You're seriously blowing my mind with all these crazy awesome nail ideas!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I AM going to do comics!  Maybe even this evening!  I am thinking a brightly colored background, or even comics on some nails with classic comics shapes (think POW!, BAM!) on other nails.  Look at all those exclamation marks!

Great nails, Santina.

Adiel said...

LOVE this!

Eli said...

AHH these are super awesome, they look so professional, awesome job!

Santina said...

Awww thanks, Courtney! There are so many amazing tutorials out there; I'm really having fun trying them out!

Santina said...

I was thinking of deliberately selecting words to apply to each nail. I actually used a newspaper I picked up in the Mission, and it was in Spanish. Sadly, I couldn't find any of my favorite words, but then again most newspapers aren't written in the "espanol de las calles", hah?

Santina said...

Thanks, Adiel! Your nails always l

Santina said...

Thanks, Eli! We should have a manicure/hair dying party! ;)

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Dude, I love it! I've been meaning to try out this kind of manicure.

Jackielebrun said...

OMG this is my favorite/most creative nail job I have seen yet.
I want to do one...teach me how!
XO

Santina said...

This was probably the easiest of all the manicures I've tried...and probably my favorite, as well. Maybe we should have a mani date!

Santina said...

Do it! It's super easy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...