A Little Glitter

| |


Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams // Sephore by OPI Spark-tacular!

Let me start by apologizing for skipping my nails post last week. It’s not that my nails were bare for a week - those ombre nails just did not chip! I actually did go a day without polish, because my first attempt at a manicure ended with polish remover followed by a glass of wine. What? I hate wasting time, and I don’t know about you, but it takes me forever to paint my nails! Anyhow, I could only make it one day without polish. I felt naked without it. When did this happen? On my second attempt, I went with a rather simple manicure: a pale blue and a multicolor glitter on one finger.

The decision to use Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix in the photos was last minute. It’s not that I think of these as my Harry Potter nails, but I do think of this ring as my Harry Potter ring (which is exactly why I love it). And, the cover of this particular book was perfect with my blue nails.

14 comments:

Courtney Thomas said...

Love! And using the Potter book was pretty inspired (that ring is great!).


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Sweet Laundry said...

OMG, it also takes me FOREVER to paint my nails. I'm so precise and I can't put on another coat until the previous one has fully dried. This is part of the reason I never paint my nails. But I have this same colour of polish! I love how it looks. And these Harry Potter photos crack me up!

laura said...

I love this! I like glitter, but not on my nails since it's such a pain to take it off afterwards. but I can deal with ONE nail. :) 

Faye said...

Love these nails i'm a sucker for glitter xx

Shanice Wynter said...

Love the glitter.

--Shanice,♥ www.shanicexoxo.info 

Gabrielle Dolceamore said...

im am polish-less today and hating it. it was either play the ukuele or paint my nails- definitely cant to both at the same time. uke won. uke always wins.

Tashina said...

I love how this looks! In fact, I might have to snag the idea from you. & I really love that pastel blue. It's so hard to find a good one.

princetoneatsportland said...

Your nails look great, as always, and you have totally inspired me to keep up on my manicures.  I currently have mint color on, and I intend to add silver ombre this evening.

Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne said...

Saw this on you yesterday and thought it looked totally cool! The multicolor glitter is so fun! I'm actually opposite of you that I feel weird with polish on, I have it for one day and I feel too made up. Sometimes I wish I can be more adventurous with my nails. 

Adiel said...

Super cute mani! Love the ring, too!

Freesia said...

Looove that glitter nail!!! look beautiful!!

Sara said...

I definitely feel the same way. Love having nail polish on, hate taking the time to do it. I love the idea of one glitter nail!

www.stylecomb.com

Delia said...

Love the aqua blue, I did China Glaze For Audrey color last week and it's like a Tiffany blue, lots of compliments on this one! These are not my nails, but I love just this color on anyone!

And, I love that glitter polish! I have to get it :) and the ring, love lightening bolts, where'd you get it?
Then this week, I'm wearing Sally Hansen Posh Plum, got it at Target...I also had a few drinks, spilled an entire bottle of another purple polish all aver the tile floor, then had to clean that, and sad to say, naked nails today, but still have the Posh Plum on the toes!
 

Kaylynd said...

This post makes me love you even more! Haha I'm a Harry Potter fan for sure, but I also know what it's like to go from not caring about nail polish at all to feeling completely naked without it. How does that change happen? I don't care....I'm just having fun changing colors and styles as often as I have the time to do it! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...