A Little Lace

| |





Shirt: H&M
Lace Bra: ModCloth
Pants: Theory (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Ego and Greed (ModCloth)
Necklace: All Saints
Ring: Surface To Air (Shotwell)
Bag: Treesje (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

I knew I wanted to wear this little lace bra with this shirt from the second I bought it. Last time I wore this shirt, I layered it over a nude cami and was not pleased to find that the neckline of the cami was visible through the sheer fabric. Of course, this is the kind of thing that no one except for me notices, but that didn’t stop me from obsessing over finding better options. What? You never obsess over the smallest things?

Lately, I’ve been all about pants that feel like pajamas and these harem pants definitely fall into that category. It seems harem pants evoke strong reactions from people – you either love ‘em or hate ‘em – and I love them. I picked this pair up on a whim and have worn them way more than I ever expected. So, go on; tell me what you think of harem pants. I know you have an opinion on this one!

17 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

Normally I am not a fan of harem pants at all (I think people should only wear them if they are involved in some kind of ill conceived live action version of Aladdin) but I have to admit yours are really working for me - they strike me as rather understated (as far as harem pants go) and they look great with that sheer nude top and low key shoes. So yeah, I'm on board for this!

xoxo ~ Courtney

http://sartorialsidelines.com

Eli said...

I love the sheer detail, although I probably would not be brave enough to do it myself! I looooooove how faded the lavender has gotten in your hair. It REALLY makes me want to put color in my hair!

Santina said...

Do we need to have a hair party? I'd totally help you dip dye the bottom of your hair. I think it would look GORGEOUS on you, especially since you hair is such a rich color as it is. Maybe pink?

Santina said...

You know, I've always opted for bold heels when wearing these pants in the past, but I absolutely adore them paired with this menswear inspired pair! It feels much more casual, making it a good alternative to black skinnies!

terramcbride said...

I... just... can't. I'm sorry! I want to support the harem pants. I adore the top with the lace bra. I wish I could wear something like that to work. :\ 

Stylish said...

I really love how you put this look together ....especially the shoes

Http://dearstylishnewyorker.blogspot.com

Stylish said...

I really love how you put this look together ....especially the shoes

Http://dearstylishnewyorker.blogspot.com

Gaby said...

this look is so chic. and i love the painted ladies in the background.

xxoo
www.paperplanesandmaryjanes.com

Sweet Laundry said...

I vote yes for the harem pants, only because you can pull them off. I don't know if they would look this great on everyone though. I especially love the cropped length on them and paired with this sheer shirt is a great combination.  Your hair looks great too :)

mousevox vintage said...

this is so, so great! and are those little peeks of lavender in your hair?

Adiel said...

Such a fun look! Those shoes are totally rad!

Santina said...

Aren't they? And the best part? They are so comfortable! I wore them for the first time this day, and walked aroun the Mission all day - no pain!

Santina said...

Aren't they? And the best part? They are so comfortable! I wore them for the first time this day, and walked aroun the Mission all day - no pain!

Santina said...

Yes, they are! I went with silver and lavender (though it had to start a bit darker) a few weeks back, and I love it!

Santina said...

Thanks! I firmly believe there's a pair of harem pants out there for everyone - you just have to find the right pair! :)

Santina said...

Thanks, Gaby! Chic and as comfortable as pajamas? I'd call that a win!

Santina said...

I actually didn't wear this to work though I think I could without anyone really giving it a second thought!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...