Buttoned Up

| |





Shirt: Trouvé (Nordstrom)
Dress (worn as skirt): H&M
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (Jeremy’s)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Mercules (ModCloth)
Sunglasses: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)

When I stop and think about it, I’m still amazed that just a few months ago I was living in a small beach town in Mexico. It seems that I’ve silently slipped back into a city life without really acknowledging it. I used to spend my mornings sipping coffee in my outdoor living room, pondering the most challenging question I’d face that day: which bikini should I wear? (Tough life, I know.) Now I sip my coffee while staring into my massive closet in an apartment on the ninth floor, getting ready for a day in an office. Crazy, right?

As I stood in front of my closet on this particular morning, I had no idea what to wear. I wanted to take advantage of a forecast for warmer temperatures but wasn’t about to let myself be fooled (yet again) into thinking it would actually be warm. (Not so long ago, what is now a “warm” day would have brought out winter clothes.) Rather than layer a cardigan over this dress, I added my go-to white button down, buttoned it all the way up and then tied it up. With chunky platforms and a statement necklace, I felt rather ladylike much like the last time I wore this dress.

12 comments:

thedailyfashionista said...

You look fabulous!!!  I love the way you wore this whole outfit.  The statement necklace is a great touch:)

Tanvi said...

Love that dress/skirt! Very pretty :)
♡ from © tanvii.com

sartorialsidelines said...

It's such a pretty dress and I love how you transitioned it into a skirt here -- plus that necklace is gorgeous!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

AmyMorby said...

oh, Santina! There is something about this outfit that is killing me. You look gorgeous in it, of course, but it's so pretty and effortless. And the shoes. Lord, the shoes. LOVE!

Gabrielle Dolceamore said...

it's so funny how our lives change. i have always been a beach girl and during college breaks, instead of interships i worked on the beach. so the hardest thing i had to decide everyday was which bikini top would maximize the evenness of my tan. i had a system. although i dont miss being almost naked all of the time, i miss the simplicity of my life and the decisions i had to make. being on the beach everyday from 8:30-6 is the best way to spend your life.

BetweenLaundryDays said...

I love the look of the knotted shirt over the flowy skirt. And those heels are the perfect addition.

And I totally understand how you feel about life changes. Even though it's only been a few weeks since I moved, it feels like a whole world ago. Kind of crazy.

Sweet Laundry said...

Who would have known that this dress would be so versatile? I love how completely seperate the pieces look. And the shoes...they're perfect for you!

Santina said...

Thank you! I'm kinda obsessed with shirts buttoned all the way up with a chunky necklace. Expect more! ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Tanvi!

Santina said...

It really is a "pretty" dress. I think that's why I always seem to feel ladylike in it!

Santina said...

Amy, you are the sweetest! Thank you so much!

Aquí said...

love the sheer midi! I really like your JC platforms! They're a knock out and not too high! You can actually wear them to the office! I always carry mine in a bag and then slip them on before work because they're way to ridiculous to drive in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...