Summer Layers

| |





Shirt: Trouvé (Nordstrom)
Dress: J. Crew
Belt: H&M
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (Jeremy’s)
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: See by Chloe (Nordstrom)

Remember all that talk of “summer tights”? Well, it turns out I actually had a few pairs tucked away. Pastel tights seem to be a way to keep warm without weighing down an otherwise summery outfit with black tights. Don’t get me wrong; I love black tights…just not in August.

Even with tights, I still couldn’t wear this dress without another layer. Taking a cue from my blue tights, I added a chambray button down and cinched it with a braided belt. I tried to resist wearing these shoes again, but I absolutely love how they look paired with tights. In the spirit of keeping things light, I eschewed my usual enormous bag and grabbed this dainty one instead. I have to admit that as I put on this dress, I couldn’t help but think of all the times I’ve worn it and how different my life was each time. Here’s a little look back on a few of the ways I’ve worn it. Do you have a favorite?

I Really Will Wear It All The Time // Pretty In The Park // Everybody, Everywear: Florals
 

14 comments:

Courtney Thomas said...

I have a very similar pair of summer tights that I actually haven't seen in a while...I think I need to spend some time looking for them today. And how cute is your little bow purse? Love it!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Jessica said...

Tights in summer?!?! I've actually never tought of that, especially because it's so hot and humid (Montréal) during summertime. However, I love how you have styled yours!

Emily said...

I was watching 40 days and 40 nights yesterday and i kept thinking of u guys in SF (cuz im 99% sure it's filmed there) and ... well that's the end of that story. I'm somewhat excited for the cooler weather... you know, NOT shaving my legs every 2-3 days will be amazing. and heat/sweat/stinky ppl... ive had my share for the summer. Those tights are unlike anything ive ever seen before but i like them. they have an alice in wonderland feel.
and i was very confused for a second thinking wheres the purple??? then remembered u said these are pics from last week. phew.

Princeton Eats Portland said...

Those shoes....  Love the outfit, as always.  I like how you're actually wearing your new stuff (shoes and bag)!  Tights in summer, no matter how chilly it is where you are, makes me sweat.

Elle Sees said...

Ok, I'm stealing your little purse...now exactly where in SF are you? ;)

Santina said...

Thanks, Courtney! I think this little purse is quite cute, too, and I'm happy to finally show it off on the blog. I took some absolutely horrible outfit photos a few weeks back, and I almost posted them just to show the bag. I'm happy I waited! :)

Santina said...

Yes, tights in summer. I had never considered it before moving to San Francisco!

Santina said...

Fear not, the purple hair is still here, Emily!

And yes, not shaving is one of my favorite things about the shift to cooler temperatures. I'm with you, girl!

Santina said...

Oh, I know the mere thought of tights in summer makes you sweat, but you know that I am waaaaay too much of a baby about being cold to go without them!

Santina said...

SF? Who said I was in SF? :) Thanks, Elle!

Ellie said...

This outfit is SO beautiful! I love that bag!!

-Ellie

Adiel said...

Cute bag! I also like the shirt layered with that dress!

Tanvi said...

Perfect layering ... and how cute is that bag!!!
♡ from © tanvii.com

Ashley said...

I'm sorry but you say "summer tights" and I hear "oxymoron." Don't you live in CALIFORNIA? I'm convinced you actually must be in Canada. This is baffling. But cute. So I guess you've got that going for you. Oh and these tights totally match your new hair. So there's that too....

I love the chambray over the florals and your little bow minibag!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...