Stripes And A LBD

| |





Dress: Jack BB Dakota (Sloan Boutique, Portland, OR)
Shirt: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Coach (Nordstrom Rack)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bracelets: Anthropologie
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Coach (Nordstrom)

It wasn’t really warm enough to go without tights this day. I was just tired of wearing pants and still struggling to accept the reality that San Francisco is going to keep me in tights all year round. I braved it by baring my legs, but I think the wind finally slapped some sense into me. I accept it now…I just need to get some summery tights (which I formerly considered an oxymoron).

There’s not much to say about this one; it’s just a little black dress. This one feels like a sweatshirt but with a flattering cut and adorable ruffles. What’s not to love? This time around I layered it over a striped tee (last seen here) and added pops of pink, red and orange. Do you have a little black dress that never fails? How do you style it?

10 comments:

Courtney Thomas said...

That dress is awesome! I love the detailing on the top half. I'm actually in a position where I where tights all year round (I've found it prudent while I'm finishing my dissertation and job hunting to keep my leg tattoos under wraps) so I can vouch for the existence of some cute summer ones out there.


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Marissa said...

The ruffles on the dress add a girly flair - love. And I am SO crushing on your ring, lady!

xx
Marissa
http://stylecusp.com

Santina said...

That's so sad that you feel like you have to keep your leg tattoos under wraps! But, since you are well-versed in the art of summer tights, where do you like to shop for them?

Santina said...

I went on a shopping spree for double finger rings!

Adiel said...

Wow! I would have thought that was just a dress, not a dress PLUS a shirt! You look adorbs!

Sweetlaundry said...

Finally I can comment! I figured I can't comment when I'm at work. Now what am I supposed to do on my work breaks? :)
At first, I thought that the dress and t-shirt was one item, but it's two, and means more fun in switching up the look of the dress. I'm going to try this look with some of my LBDs. Also, I want those bracelets!

OnTheRacks said...

LOVE that bag! And great dress. :)

Sarah @ Shades of Sarah said...

I never would have thought that was a dress and a shirt either! Super cute. I only have one LBD, but it's one shoulder and pretty summery, despite being black. It's not as versatile as it probably should be, but I bought it for a graduation.

Catindreamland said...

how cool the dress is shit too and your hair cut is lovely and refreshing!
xoxo
CAtita

Vanessa said...

The shirt looks great with the dress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...