Pleats And Studs

| |






Shirt: H&M
Tank: H&M
Pants: H&M
Belt: BCBG Max Azria
Ring: Surface To Air (Shotwell)
Bag: L.A.M.B. (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Banana Republic

When I snagged these pants off the rack, I definitely thought I was grabbing a pleated skirt. It wasn’t until I was in the dressing room that I realized this skirt was actually a pair of pleated palazzo pants. At first I was a little disappointed, but then I stepped into them…and immediately fell in love despite wondering if I looked slightly ridiculous in them. I didn’t really intend to jump on the palazzo pants bandwagon, but I love these pants. I might need more…

Despite being black, these pants are anything but basic. I kept away from anything complicated and paired them with a soft pink sheer button down and minimal accessories. To keep the look from being too sweet, I cinched my waist with a studded belt. When it came to shoes, I went with a pair of sling back wedges - bad decision. My pants kept getting caught under my heel, nearly pulling them down a few times!

20 comments:

Courtney Thomas said...

Those are pants?! Love them! And the belt is amazingly awesome - this might be one of my all time favorite looks of yours.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Tanvi said...

Love the look! One of my fav. !!! 
 ♡ from © tanvii.com

FaithJ said...

Gorgeous outfit, perfection!

Princeton Eats Portland said...

I am SO happy to see this outfit posted.  I am in love.  I am tempted to go to H&M today and get some pleats for myself, but I am not supposed to be shopping... :)

erin

Natalie Garza said...

I have really been wanting some pants like these! I never thought that wearing wedges would be an issue, but it makes sense. What shoes will you wear with them next time?

Angie said...

whoa!  this outfit is so awesome!  

xo.

Angie

thehotnessyourmommawarnedyouabout.blogspot.com

Santina said...

Thanks, Angie!

Santina said...

Yes, learn from my mistake - no sling backs with palazzo pants! I was thinking of wearing edgier heels next time - something with hardware like studs or zippers! I have a few options that fit that category in my closet!

Santina said...

Hold out! There is so much shopping awaiting us this weekend!

Santina said...

Thanks!

Santina said...

One of your faves? Thanks, Tanvi!

Santina said...

Wow, an all time favorite? Truth be told, it might be one of my favorites, as well! I love this belt, and I'm ashamed to say I almost forgot about it while in Mexico. When I finally unpacked it, I knew I'd have to wear it soon!

erinfaulkner said...

I love everything about this outfit!  Great haircut.

Erin
www.simplyjustlovelyblog.com

Archives said...

omg YES. i have a deep love of palazzo pants, you look amazing in them! 

holleighz said...

This outfit is absolutely perfect! I am coveting every piece! I really thought you were wearing a skirt until the third picture down.

AmyMorby said...

you.are.fabulous. Like...Carrie Bradshaw fabulous. I love completely everything about this!

Sweetlaundry said...

Whoa, did not expect these to be palazzo pants, but love them on you. You belong on the Sartorialist in this outfit!

Elisabeth Carr said...

Loving everything about this outfit, right down to the pants mistaken for a skirt! The pale pink blouse looks so pretty on you. 

Vanessa said...

Oh my goodness I saw those at H&M yesterday on the clearance rack. I thought they were a skirt! They look great on you.

Kristin & Megan said...

J'adore the maxi skirt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...