Pink, Green, And Stripes

| |





Sweater: Zara
Skirt: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Belt: Forever 21
Necklace: Banana Republic
Shoes: Nine West
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Bracelets: Marc by Marc Jacobs and BCBG Max Azria
Ring: Surface To Air (Shotwell)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

Yup, I did it again. I relied on bright colors and fun accessories to lift my mood. After a few too many days with a bug that I initially assumed would pass in twenty four hours, I was tired and just feeling a bit down. I started with my go-to happy-making print – stripes – and then added a hot pink denim skirt. I have to admit, the pink and green combination immediately made me feel a little bit better…or at least more awake. I layered on playful accessories with a chunky linked necklace and a stack of bracelets. A pair of oxford heels and a structured bag felt perfectly in line with this masculine meets feminine look.

I’ve often struggled to put together looks with this pencil skirt (last seen here). The silhouette isn’t well represented in my closet (I prefer shorter hemlines), but I find myself being attracted to it more and more, especially since pencil skirts seem to be everywhere I look for fall. Are you a fan of pencil skirts? What’s your go-to look with them? 

12 comments:

thedailyfashionista said...

I have one pencil skirt in my wardrobe and for some reason I only find myself wearing them in the winter.  I think the fact that I walk to work is what keeps me from buying pencil skirts in the first place.  It's kind of restricted in the leg area so I'd be walking around taking tiny steps:) 

I'm really digging this ensemble with all the bright colors and that fantastic jewellery.  Very refreshing!

Tanvi said...

Looking right off the ramp. Love the combination :)
♡ from © tanvii.com

Kristy said...

I actually like the length of that skirt! It's not too short, so it's great for work :) Great color combo to transition for Summer to Fall :)

sartorialsidelines said...

I really hope you start feeling better soon! And I am in love with that Zara sweater...green, black, and stripes!!!! I have two pencil skirts, a brown one and a black one (and I guess a third black one that goes with my suit but I keep that one all wrapped up in a dry cleaning bag in pristine condition). I do think they're great for fall but when the weather gets a bit chillier and I take to wearing thick tights, etc. they are a bit restricting.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

faye said...

Oooo love the pink skirt and the smile :) i find it soo hard to smile in outfit pics xx

Gabrielle Dolceamore said...

i've had this bug too, and it's been making me whiney. lol. i am so in love with your hair- it is so bright and happy. wish i could pull off something like that!

xxoo
www.paperplanesandmaryjanes.com

Santina said...

I think I'd be more comfortable in this one with tights on, even if just to smooth everything out. I'm self conscious about my hips, and I feel like pencil skirts draw attention to them. Maybe I'll try tights and a chunky sweater in fall...or you know, tomorrow since it feels like fall here!

Santina said...

Tanvi, you're making me blush! Thanks, girl!

Santina said...

Yes, I am in love with this sweater, too! I saw it buried in a sale pile and knew it had to be mine...for exactly the reasons you describe - green, black, STRIPES! :)

Santina said...

It's been more than a week and I'm still not feeling 100%, so I'm going to continue to whine. You don't mind, right? :)

And, thank you! I, too, like how bright my hair is. It's funny to think of all the years I dyed my hair black. I don't think I could back to that; it would feel soooooo dark now.

Princeton Eats Portland said...

Bomb outfit.  Love the color combination.

BetweenLaundryDays said...

This is such a fabulous take on the green and pink color combination! And I'm a big fan of pencil skirts. I love how they can dress up or down, and look absolutely phenomenal with a good pair of heels. This one is definitely no exception. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...