Gray And Geometric Manicure

| |

Sephora Frankly, I Don't Give A-dam, Sephora Do I A-Muse You? Nail Design Pen

I saw this DIY over on Honestly…WTF and immediately made a mental note to hit up Sephora for a nail art pen. I couldn’t wait to give it a try, but what’s shown in the picture above is actually my second attempt. I think my mastery of triangles went straight to my head because I confidently applied designs to every nail. As much as I’m trying to convince myself that with nails it’s all about the view from at least two feet away (right?), it looked a little sloppy and that drove me crazy. So, I decided to doodle on just one nail on each hand – much better.

I have nothing to add to the instructions on Honestly…WTF but I will say that next time I try drawing on my nails, I’ll get a nail pen in a darker color. I thought that white would pop more than some of the other colors, but it’s actually too transparent. I let it dry and then attempted another coat, and that’s when it started to look sloppy.

Seen any fun nail art inspiration recently? Leave a link! I’m always looking for something new (and relatively easy) to try!

10 comments:

sartorialsidelines said...

I think it looks really good! I recently picked some black shatter nail polish and layered it over top a mint color and it sort of looks like light blue leopard print nails. Sort of.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Grit and Glamour said...

That looks so cool! But I want to know how you used your non-writing hand to do the other? I would fail big time with a nail pen. So cannot write left-handed! You did a super job!

Santina said...

Ohh, you should post some pics! I saw a tutorial that involved black shatter - any tips? I might have to do it this weekend!

Santina said...

Thanks, V! It was definitely a little tricky drawing with my right hand. On my first attempt, I tried to make slow but precise strokes with the nail pen, but it ended up looking sloppy. So, I opted for quick and confident (fake it 'til you make it, right?) strokes for round two!

Princeton Eats Portland said...

Since I am all about copying your nail ideas lately, I think this one will be my next try. 

Frenchi told me yesterday that toothpicks work REALLY well for nail art.  She was drying my hair at the time, so we couldn't really talk, and I forgot to follow up as to how you use the toothpicks.  Maybe I'll try your nails using a toothpick?

A Stylized Hysteria said...

I completely glossed over the tutorial on Honestly...WTF because I thought it looked way too hard to do. But, you make seem (almost) easy so I'm going to give it a try!

Dani Shapiro said...

Gimme that arm party!

<3 The Daily Dani

Adiel said...

Wow! These are sooo good! I want to try!

Kate said...

Such a cool idea! They turned out great!!

Becca said...

ADORABLE - just like your lavender hair below! Um you have a new hairstyle - this means its been way too long since i've seen you. Fix that please!! But feel better first!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...