Double Belted

| |





Sleeveless trench: BR Heritage
Sweater: H&M
Dress: See by Chloe (Mercantile, Portland, OR)
Belts: Gap and J. Crew
Watch: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Ring: Surface To Air (Shotwell)
Wedges: Nine West
Bag: Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)
Sunglasses: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)

I’ve wanted to wear this dress ever since I returned from Mexico, but because San Francisco is so windy, I was afraid to. This dress has a history of flying up with even the slightest gust of wind. To keep the flashing to a minimum, I added a few light layers, and it totally worked!

One of my favorite things about this dress is the soft color palette, and I didn’t want to ruin that with heavy layers or dark colors. A cotton sweater and sleeveless trench were the perfect light layers, and I couldn’t resist adding pastel accessories. I decided to swap out the belt that came with this trench for two skinny belts. Layering belts is something I’ve done a few times in the past but never documented here on the blog. When I saw Whit over at Britt + Whit rocking two belts in this look, I was inspired to do the same - two belts are definitely more fun than one!

(Just a reminder that today is the last day to enter to win a $100 Shopbop gift certificate. The giveaway closes tonight at 11:59 PM PST, so get your entries in!) 

15 comments:

Lee Oliveira said...

Girl.. You got it..
Great style.. and love your sleeveless trench.lee x
http://leeoliveira.com

Holly Keenan said...

LOVE the double belt idea. Also loving how you layered here. You nailed it!

Holly
http://hollykeenan.tumblr.com

Courtney Thomas said...

I totally love the double belts!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Nnenna said...

I love this look!  Your knit pink sweater is so cute and you layered so perfectly!  And both belts are in such great colors! :D

Sarah @ Shades of Sarah said...

You do such a great job at styling that sleeveless trench!!

Elisabeth Carr said...

Flowy, short dresses are definitely dangerous here in SF however you've nailed this look. Love it with the sleeveless trench! 

the other emily said...

I love the easy chic-ness of this look, the pastel touches pair so beautifully with the overall neutral palette. I admit I've been a little skeptical of sleeveless trenches, but this looks so awesome and spring-y that I think I get it now. :)

Jackielebrun said...

Love this look and palette on you!  So chic and down to earth!XOJackie
http://www.hourglass-fashion.blogspot.com

Santina said...

Thanks, Jackie! I've been really into pastel colors lately. You'll be seeing them a lot around here!

Santina said...

I have been living in that trench. Seriously, I wear it pretty much every day; it's the perfect layer for windy SF days!

Easy and chic, you say? That is ALWAYS what I'm going for - thank you so much!

Santina said...

Yeah, I've been a bit of a flasher since I arrived in SF, but luckily, there are usually far more interesting things going on for people to really notice!

Santina said...

Thanks. Can you tell that I love it? :)

Santina said...

Me too! I almost feel like one will never be enough now!

Santina said...

Thanks for stopping by, Holly! This look was definitely all about layers - even the belts!

Santina said...

Lee, you make me blush!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...